Post Thanks / Like
    Review: SonÃÂs Leather Cleaner, SonÃÂs Leather Conditioner & SonÃÂs Cockpit Detailer

I was lucky and got free samples of SonÃÂs Leather Cleaner, SonÃÂs Leather Conditioner & SonÃÂs Cockpit Detailer and decided to post up my review/opinion. With my order I also purchased a pair of SonÃÂs SFX Professional Applicators, as they were recommended for use in the instructions on the bottles.

I had pretty much settled on a routine to keep my leather interior vehicles looking and smelling good. I have been using Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner, that leaves only a fresh lemon scent, For leather conditioning, I`ve been a strong supporter of Pinnacle Leather Conditioner. While leaving a great finish, this product is some great smelling stuff...bringing compliments from all who enter my vehicle. To keep it all clean and dust-free, I`ve been using Einszett Cockpit Premium. This has proven to be a winning combination for me

SonÃÂs Leather Cleaner: This product is a thick liquid that has a mild chemical smell. Initially, I was put off a little by it, and it is a unique aroma that reminded me of no other products I`ve used or owned. I followed the instructions and applied it with the SonÃÂs SFX Professional Applicator (Yellow scrubbing side). I was pleased at its` cleaning action and the finish that it left behind on my ivory Lexus leather. Any shiny "butt-buffing" was eliminated with this product. No rinsing was required, but the instructions also stated "Allow leather to dry for 30 minutes". Overall, I like this product, but I`m still unused to the smell. One minus...I did not care for the 30 minute wait to condition, but followed this instruction anyway.

I moved on to the SonÃÂs Leather Conditioner.

SonÃÂs Leather Conditioner: This product is another thick white liquid that has another mild chemical smell. Initially, I was put off a little by it, and it is another unique aroma that reminded me of no other products I`ve used or owned. I`m used to the great Pinnacle Leather smell. I flipped over the SonÃÂs SFX Professional Applicator (Black Ãâ‚Å“softÃâ‚ side) and applied the conditioner with gusto. The instructions stated "Wipe on using an overlapping, circular pattern. Allow to dry 15 minutes before use". I`m used to waiting longer for the conditioner to work, so I got back the time I lost waiting for the cleaner to dry. I closed up the car and went in the house for a while. The smell of the conditioner was still on my mind (and hands). It was starting to grow on me. When I returned to the car, I found that the seats were dry and smooth with a matte finish. I used a MF towel for a light buff, just in case there was any residue, but there really was none. I liked that. Overall, I like this product, but I`m still unused to the smell.

Now it was time for SonÃÂs Cockpit Detailer.

SonÃÂs Cockpit Detailer: I use 303 and Einszett Cockpit Premium so I`m really looking for the matte finish I have achieved with these products. I initially applied SonÃÂs Cockpit Detailer with a SonÃÂs SFX Professional Applicator (Black Ãâ‚Å“softÃâ‚ side) and found it to "foam up" upon use. Every seam that I wiped across was filled with white foam. Perhaps I used too much product. I switched to a MF towel and spritzed the towel once and applied to a door panel. I repeated this on all doors and the dash. No more foaming and the results were remarkable. I can describe it as glowing matte. A very rich, non-reflective finish. I really like this product. Again, this product has another unique aroma that reminds me of no other products I`ve used or owned.

Final notes: After I finished, I closed up the car and took a shower to remove all trace of the smell of these products. I waited a few hours before opening the car so I could take in my new SonÃÂs interior as a whole. The car was left with a clean, fresh, yet chemical smell. It`s been a few days now and the smell is nice. It`s not like the Pinnacle/Einszett smell I`ve enjoyed but the look is great!

Great finish. Unique smell. Looks great!

Thanks to DavidB and Autopia Car Care!
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. Thank you.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. I agree on the "unique" smell of the conditioner, but I loved the smell of my interior after I was done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review. I suspect the wait times for the leather cleaner & conditioner will help to improve the conditioning of the leather, make it softer and reduce slickness.

How would you compare the finish of the Cockpit Detailer to 1Z CP? Is it equally matte? From the reviews I`ve read it sound like the Sonus may have a tad more cleaning power.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mtodde

How would you compare the finish of the Cockpit Detailer to 1Z CP? Is it equally matte? From the reviews I`ve read it sound like the Sonus may have a tad more cleaning power.

As I wrote, I can describe it as glowing matte. A very rich, non-reflective finish. 1Z CP leaves the ideal matte finish and this is close...just richer looking.

In re cleaning power...My cars are pretty clean inside so there wasn`t much work to do there

I really like this product and all of these SonÃÂs products in respect to the results they deliver...returning my interior to a "like new" status.

The smell of these products is not bad...It`s just different from what I`m used to. I`ll have to ask the opinion of a few people to fully judge it. As I mentioned, the Pinnacle/1Z combo I`ve been using elicits superlatives from all who enter my car.

I`m waiting for a warm day to fully judge the overall smell. Here in eastern NC, we`re supposed to see sunny days in the low to mid 60`s next week. I`ll park in the sun and check out the scent around 3PM. That will make or break these products for me.
    370HSSV

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to comments on the fragrances.

The Leather Cleaner is a lemon fragrance. I selected it because most people associate lemon with "clean".

The leather conditioner has no fragrance at all. This product return the natural leather fragrance re-hydrating the leather with the very oils used in the tanning process.

The Cockpit Detailer has a light fragrance that will not mask the natural smell of a leather interior, but will freshen the air. Mmmph, Cockpit Detailer is designed to foam if agitated in order to bring dirt to the surface so it can be wiped away.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Cockpit Detailer today and really loved it. Quality product.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Thread Information