Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I recieved this product from Autogeeks giveaway and that is the only way I would have tried it. When I`ve seen pictures of some people who`ve used this product it seamed glossy and had that look like a heavy silicone product. Since then I`ve been doing some researching about Wolfgang and I have been very impressed with what they put in their products, so I was excited to give them a try.

I had brought my bottle of AIO because I was going to do it right and proper. When I washed my SUV it was still beading (but there wasn`t much protection left) from the s100 combo I had applied about a month ago. Anyhow, it was late and I was lazy so I just ended up putting the Wolf right on top of the SUV w/o doing it right and proper, no AIO.

I applied it with the applicator they send with it and it goes on and off very easy. It is about 50 degrees here in cali and the product still hazed right away. It`s kinda like Zaino/ZFX, you run your finger down the middle and all you see is shine. It is the wettest shine sealant I have used and the product was slick as oil w/o the greasy residue. It looked much better in person than some of the pics that turned me off initially, it had a nice shine and gloss. This is a quick review, I plan on doing it right and proper next time, but initially I say this product is easily my second favorite sealant and possible tied for first, but I cannot make that statement w/o more testing. I will test this next to Zaino on the same car to satisfy my own curiousity about quality and durabilty. After that I will be more critical of both, however I will be using the old Zaino 2 because I don`t have the new formulation. I will be buying Wolfgang sealant again, the results are so good it doesn`t need a topper! Another water based super sealant to chose from.

next time pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got mine today, cant wait to try it out! Does anybody know how durability of WG compares to EX-P?
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    COBRyan-durability is similar, at least 3-4 months in the Dallas area on a black Silverado SS that is regularly parked outside at the owner`s office and taken on long trips about once a month.

Burlyq-I agree with your appearance observations. Wolfgang does have a rich, wet carnauba like appearance. Topping is definitely optional, normally I don`t feel the need. Nattys, #16 or Souveran do work well with it though. I imagine S100 would too. A carnauba topper will somewhat reduce the slickness though.

The precleaner is good but you can replace it with AIO, Vanilla Moose, S100 SEC or any other decent final glaze/precleaner and get excellent results. The WG Sealant doesn`t seem to require their precleaner for bonding so use your favorite.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review. I`m searching for a sealant to replace my Z-2....I just hate having to do the ZFX and personally I think it looks plasticky. Maybe I`ll give Wolfgang a try.

How would you compare it (anyone) to UPP?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say that Wolfgang has a softer, more carnauba look than UPP, which is very reflective and wet looking. UPP is a touch slicker.

I`d probably go with WG on dark paint and non metallics and UPP on the rest.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a bad finding the next day. I had never walked out and seen the amount of dust as I have after using this sealant. I don`t take this lightly at all, I don`t like it when people say dust collects on products I use when I know that`s not true. it wasn`t windy at all last night and my neighbors car had no dust on it. Also my windows and bumpers had no dust on it. Even the roof, which I didn`t use Wolfgang on had no dust on it. Everywhere I used Wolf had dust on it. It looked like a dust magnet, almost like it was statically charged and any dust in the area was attracted to it. I have never even seen this much dust on my car even after using a nuba in this area.

The second day the product did look very nice and wet! I still like the product but I am going to do more testing and see if this dust thing happens again. Wolfgangs stock went down a little in my mind, but it`s possible that it will come back up after more testing, we`ll see.

Password 121312

Unfortunately you cant see the side picture as clear as the actual photo. I will try to take another, but the picture shows it very well, but the downloaded version is missing what the picture is obviously showing, DUST. Those aren`t bird droppings on the hood either, it`s dust.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried your links and keep getting a password prompt.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh sorry password is 121312

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I don`t know about the dust but in the last pic, the reflection of your house is so crystal clear it took me a moment to figure out I was looking at a reflection!

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprsing! usually you don`t see dust like this with polymer products. I always associated dust more with Carnuba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

Well, I don`t know about the dust but in the last pic, the reflection of your house is so crystal clear it took me a moment to figure out I was looking at a reflection!

I agree totally Dookie, the next day the shine was deep and reflections crisp. I`ll try to take another side photo that shows it better, the sides where the most suprising, on the hood you might expect some dust, but it was sticking to the sides just as much.

All I can say is I still like the product, it has a mile deep shine at time of application and is very slick. (maybe because it is soo slick is has some oily surface feature?) It is very easy to use and yesterday I was very excited about using it again. Today I`m not as excited but I`m looking forward to more testing. I also really like the fact they say it`s a non-toxic sealant. So with all those positives maybe if it attracts dust faster than others it wouldn`t be a huge deal. Afterall every car gets dusty, no matter whats on it. But I was shocked when I walked down to see the car, I wasn`t expecting this, it wasn`t like a natural dust coat. it looked like any dust in the area wanted to be on my car. it wasn`t like a thick dust when you go through a dust storm or something, It looks like a ballon that when rubbed attracks hair. I`m actually looking forward do testing again and seeing if the dust issue comes back or not, I think I will have to test with other products on the same car, maybe klasse and Zaino, and I want to see durabilty because it seams like there is a lot of dissagreements on durabilty of Wolfgang. I will say this, for me personally, my personal jury is still deliberating about this product, it has promise but also has unanswered questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had dusting after Wolfgang. But, I`ve had the same problem with Zaino too. A washing usually solved that problem. I always assumed it had something to do with static electricity from buffing.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scott P

I always assumed it had something to do with static electricity from buffing.

Same here and cool dry winter days only make the problem worse. I`ve noticed some static electricity when removing the excess with WG on plastic bumpers on dry days.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Uncle

Just out of curiosity: What makes GURU TESTS such an authority? I`m frankly more convinced by what I read here than GURU TESTS. The reports we see on this site are with the products properly applied, and used under real world conditions. I`m just not sure we are going to see that in kind of data in GURU TESTs, no matter how objective they may be.

I think you touched on it when you said they are obviously completely objective. In many of these forums, less in this one but more in others like detailcity, the commercial message is overwhelming. I agree this site has some very good information, especially about newer products! I agree Guru needs to be updated to include products that weren`t available or well known back when they did the test. One of the 46 tested products was actually Pledge, LOL. However, the results of Guru are undenyable, and I don`t think anyone here has done as thourough job of testing products as the Guru Tests have.

They always follow the manufactorers recommendations to a tee. They even applied AIO under SG in that comparison which you would think would give them an edge up because it`s almost like getting two coats. With blackfire they applied Blackfire gloss enhancing lotion, then one coat of Blackfire paint protectant per instruction, and also used a "spritz" of their Deep Gloss Spray per instruction but the grade they gave that product was a c+. thats product scored high in looks but low in durabilty. Now when the used Zaino, they only used one coat because, to Zaino`s detriment, they have no pre-polish cleaners. (Something most of us wish they had)

Despite many of these two steps products like Blackfire and Klasse, Zaino still excelled in durabilty. I hope next year they update Guru reports to include products like autogym and other poplular products that need to included in the world of enthusiest detailers. But if someone asks me, are you going to believe some dude in a forum or a publication like Guru Tests, i`m taking the publication. It is at the very least relevant when someone is asking about what`s a good product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I`d probably go with WG on dark paint and non metallics and UPP on the rest.

Scott, not trying to hijack this thread, but I read recently you like CMW and EX on black and UPP and EX-P on light and metallics. Of the three, what are the adnatages / disadvantages (WG, CMW, EX)? Do you have a favorite or does it depend on the vehice ond / or what you want to top it with?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information