Post Thanks / Like
    I received my Sonüs leather and cockpit kit earlier this week and got around to trying it out on my car on Wednesday.

Sonüs Leather Cleaner: I was really pleased with this product. It has a citrusy soap smell (no, itâ€â„¢s not like that lemon dishwashing liquid) that I did not find to be offensive. I wear jeans a lot of the time and one of the things that really annoys me with light colored leather is how dye transfers to it. In my before and during pictures you can see some of the blue dye that had transferred to the leather. The leather cleaner did a great job at removing the dye and dirt to bring out the original color. It also seemed to soften up the leather just a little bit. Another thing I really liked about the leather cleaner was the ability to use it on vinyl. I normally just use a damp microfiber towel to clean the vinyl parts of the seats, so having a product that works on the whole seat is a real plus. The instructions also tell you to wait 30 minutes before applying the conditioner. By the time I had finished cleaning all the seats, it was about time for the conditioner.

Sonüs Leather Conditioner: It took me a while to figure out what the conditioner smelled like. Upon first sniffing the bottle, I thought it had an awkward scent, like plastic and glue. After treating the leather in my car to it, I knew what it was. The scent reminded me of that new car smell, and is exactly like David said it would when he said it would prolong the original hide smell. :up There was also a faint hint of leather scent, but not a lot. The conditioner went on easy and left a very nice, non-sticky matte finish, which is just perfect, especially since you donâ€â„¢t have to buff it. It also lessened the appearance of a few wrinkles that were starting to show on one of the side bolsters of the seat. It didnâ€â„¢t soften up the leather a whole lot, but my leather has never really been the soft type. Iâ€â„¢ve still got one more car to use it on, so Iâ€â„¢ll give more of my impression later on.

Sonüs Cockpit Detailer: After hearing about 1Zâ€â„¢s decision to pull their Internet distributors, I was a bit troubled since their Cockpit Premium is one of my favorite products for QDâ€â„¢ing my interior. Needless to say, Iâ€â„¢ve found its replacement! The Sonüs Cockpit Detailer foams up a little bit upon application, but I think I was using too much. It smells like citrus and IMO is better smelling than the 1Z. It also leaves a slightly shinier finish than the 1Z though itâ€â„¢s still pretty flat. Overall, Iâ€â„¢m very happy with this product, and Iâ€â„¢ll be using it as my replacement for CP.

I applied both the leather products with a foam wax applicator and used a MF for the Cockpit Detailer.

Here are some pictures:

This is a before, not too bad, but you can see some of the blue dye I was talking about.

Here is one during cleaning. You can see how well the cleaner did in comparison to the parts that were not cleaned yet.

Here is one thatâ€â„¢s all finished.

Wow, that was long, hopefully it wasnâ€â„¢t too much to read.

Thanks David!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the review! I`m eagerly awaiting my my sonus leather kit. I will follow up on its performance as I`m expecting high things from sonus this coming year
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.....Back from the bodyshop and ready to detail again :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice reviews. Thanks.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s an update:

I tried the leather products out on my sister`s Accord. Her leather hasn`t been touched in about a year, so I thought it would be the perfect test for "neglected" leather. I`ve come to pretty much the same conclusions: The cleaner did an excellent job at cleaning and also softened up the leather quite a bit, and the conditioner lessened the appearance of a few wrinkles and left a perfect new-car look. The seats now hold you in instead of having you slip around in them. I also used the two products on her steering wheel and it left me impressed. Even without buffing, the wheel wasn`t slippery at all. Sorry, no pictures this time.

All in all, I`m liking both products very much. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the update. It is always good to know how products perform on non-Autopian vehicles. Your seats look incredible BTW!!!
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Thread Information