Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so my car was outfitted with UPP X 2 applied exactly 3 months ago.

The weather in NJ has been consistently crappy. I washed the car for the first time in about 1.5 months this past Thursday. IMMEDIATELY following, thanks detailing gods, it rained hard till just this morning fairly constistently.

I am happy to report, the car is still beading like crazy. There is defenite surface tension. When driving on the highway the beads just roll up to smaller beads and then fly off the car. A look over the hood while driving shows the beads rolling appearing almost suspended. To me its a clear sign of protection.

Slickness is down. I mean I keep the car well so its decently slick but not at all like when UPP was first applied.

I would also like to add that when I washed the car the water sheeted, no beading at all. I almost thought the protection was gone. Then the rain came and it was very clear the protection was still there. :xyxthumbs

Also, FWIW the car was COVERED in road grime, the rinse bucket was nearly black when I was done washing. However once done the car still looked like it had just got waxed. I am impressed with UPP so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good report on UPP. I use it and hope to have continued service from it.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Good report and update... :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard the exact opposite many times about UPP. I wonder if they changed the formulation. I like the look no doubt, but I have heard multiple times you get about 3 weeks of bead if your lucky. Did you have an AIO base or something that would add more protection?

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=47432

I like trying new things and I`m commited to trying the new formulation of TC because they send it to you for 5 bucks w/no shipping charges, does anyone sell small samples of UPP? I`d rather pay or trade because I don`t accept free samples, except when they through it in with an order, I admit freebies scew my own judgement.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I redetailed the Max over the weekend. I have AIO + UPPx2 on it now. I`m going to top it with Paste Glaz on Wednesday.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Paul,

wasn`t it you who found that topping UPP with a carnuba reduces the slickness? You`ll have to post back the results using the Paste Glaz instead of the S100.

Does UPP have any cleaners in it? What kind of product is it? Acrylic, polymers, carnuba based, etc.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen UPP go three months in the summer here in Memphis. It probably could have gone longer, but I reapplied it. The owner washed every other week with blue coral wash and QD`ed maybe once or twice with meguiars retail quik detailer.

I have it right now on my fiance`s axiom. At about 6 weeks it is still going very strong. I have Qd`ed twice with mothers showtime.

I have v2 UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

I have v2 UPP.

V2= Version 2?

What`s the difference between v1 and v2?
    -Glenn Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had no problems getting an easy 3-4 months of beading, decent slickness and good appearance with UPP. It may even bead a bit longer but most of my regulars don`t go much past 3 months. I do normally use AIO as a base.

I`d been using UPP on my own car and have been pretty happy with it, but I went back to carnauba based products since UPP isn`t as liquidy deep looking. If I didn`t have a black car, though, I probably would have stuck with UPP.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MongooseGA

Paul,

wasn`t it you who found that topping UPP with a carnuba reduces the slickness? You`ll have to post back the results using the Paste Glaz instead of the S100.

Does UPP have any cleaners in it? What kind of product is it? Acrylic, polymers, carnuba based, etc.

Yes...I applied #16 (not S100) over UPPx2 and the slickness was reduced. I then applied UPP over it again (just as an experiment) and it was slick again for about a week, then it got rough. I couldn`t stand it anymore, so that`s why I redid my car again.

UPP does not have any cleaners in it as far as I know.

From the UPP bottle:

FourStar Ultimate Paint Protection uses the latest polymer technology. This unique formula consists of blending modified polymers which create a cross linking bond. This process produces a durable protection that lasts wash after wash. Oxidized or neglected paint will first require use of FourStar Ultimate Paint Cleanser.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    That was it! #16!

What kind of surface does UPP need to bond to? Bare surface? Maybe an AIO type base?
    -Glenn Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if that UPP cleanser has protectant like AIO?
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO works well as base. Bare paint would probably work too.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    burlyq: Just as an update to my thread that you referenced. It has been downright nasty here in Ohio almost every day since I posted on 12/6 after applying a fresh coat (yes only one coat) of UPP to my Audi. I have to say that as of a wash last night the product is still beading very well at this point. It`s still too early to determine any durability but I`m not coming to a final conclusion on durability for me for a few more weeks. I`m determined to let the product sit with just UPP for a few more weeks before trying anything else in an effort to disprove my first go-around with durability on my car as there were far too many variables that I couldn`t control while I was out of town.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Just chipping with my $0.02...

I decided on AIO/UPPx2 for the winter and so far (about 6 weeks), UPP still looks great and beads quite well.

We`ve gotten a lot of crap dumped on us here in MI the last few weeks but UPP has handled it all very well. One thing I do notice is that when I take the car for a rinse at the coin-op (rinse only, low pressure) almost all of the dirt slides right off and there`s very little left I have to take off with a QEW wash. It`s quite impressive really... more so than most other sealants I`ve tried so far.

As far as exactly how long it will last in our cold, mushy, dirty, over salted winter, I probably won`t know for sure as I plan to apply another 2 coats in January (the joys of having a heated garage )
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information