Thread: #16

Post Thanks / Like
    tried it out today for the first time since i had already applied SG over the wolfgang precleaner as an experiment this past saturday.no issues on application.upon opening the can initial impressions were that it really does smell like crayons like how everyone else who has used it described it with a baby blue color.

when i applied it i couldnt get it to "liquify" since first time trying it separated from the can so i had to sorta rub my foam applicator on it.went on real smoothly and came off just as easily also..i tried letting it sit for at least 30 minutes also and didnt have any difficutly removing.i had gotten this can several months ago from recommendations and reading reviews from Scott and others here on the board and didnt really want to use it till it was called for and i have to say that im really glad i got it.

driving home in the rain didnt make my night using it that much pleasurable but im glad i did since i only applied it in preparations to the winter season with a lot of rainfall being anticipated.really interesting to note that its beading characteristics is really unbelievable.very tiny and uniform and it just slides off of my car which i really loved.

got home soon and was prepped to give my car a wipedown when there was hardly any water to wipe off:xyxthumbs

sorry for making this post so long but i just thought id share my experience with it. thanks to all of you who have used it:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert- Glad the #16 worked out so well for you. You must`ve got the application technique right since it came off so well for you :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    i need to purchase some 16 bad!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by vdog0531

i need to purchase some 16 bad!.....
    Yep, itÃâ‚â„s good stuff. What I like is it has been around since about 1951 and is still holding itsÃâ‚â„ own. I love the Ãâ‚Å“old schoolÃâ‚Â look of the can and the wax itself is such a pleasure to use. I just ordered another can because IÃâ‚â„m afraid it may be reformulated to meet the new VOC regs.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    John-I bought two cans at my distributor for the same reasons. I am afraid if it needs to be brought into compliance with the new VOC regulations, it may not be the same product. I am probably going to buy a few more, even though it will take me a good six months to go through one tin.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    ScottWax- Heh heh, a pro like you oughta get a case of the stuff and be set forever. But then that`s coming from "the Accumulator"

After missing the boat when they reformulated 3M Showcar Paste Wax, I got a dozen cans of #16 and Collinite 476s both. Now I just hope I don`t somehow *prefer* the new formulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator-thanks! it has worked very well for me.i was careful to put on thin coats and after reading multiple posts about its application i always checked my pad to see if i did and sure enough it was real thin.just one swipe of my pad on the wax was more than enough to do 2 panels

vdog- YES you really need to go and get some for your vehicle..nice choice btw as i also have a rhs13 fastback,white in color.so many projects got planned for it but the cash flow isnt coming in any fast as i want it to.

Eliot-i also plan on purchasing more cans for myself and for others as gifts to give since i know a few ppl who dont often have time to take care of their vehicles so something durable for them should work well as far as wax goes.

Scottwax-what can i say.the way how you apply LSP`s i think u can really stretch the product out and wont probably need anything else for a very long time.

Post Thanks / Like
    newbie here, but may i ask what is the implication if the new #16 would be reformulated to comply with VOC, does it mean it would diminish its performance in all respects?
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    tripper_11- Welcome to Autopia. The "will it be inferior" question is a big unknown. We just don`t know how big a role the "bad" solvents play in the performance. One guess is that without "strong" solvents they`ll have to diminish some quantity of whatever the solvents soften in order to keep it user-friendly. That`s why some of us have stocked up on the older version. But I`m willing to be open-minded/optimistic and predict that it won`t be a big deal. Easy for me to say, with over a dozen cans of the old stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Easy for me to say, with over a dozen cans of the old stuff

Thats why you are the Accumulator

Post Thanks / Like
    stevet- [sigh] Ain`t that the truth

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator - thank you very much for the welcome and for the info. but nevertheless one thing is for sure, since they will have to reformulate it, then that means, it won`t be discontinued (which in some thread says the new NXT paste will replace it) i hope so. better get to my local distributor now :-)
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tripper_11

... since they will have to reformulate it, then that means, it won`t be discontinued (which in some thread says the new NXT paste will replace it) i hope so.

Last I heard was that Barry Meguiar himself said they were *not* gonna discontinue #16

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 3 tins to be on the safe side

Thread Information