Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #16 application

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied my #16 last night with the little yellow foamie that Autopia sent me when I ordered the #16. I tried applying it with the PC first (for a thinner, more even coat) but it just clumped it the middle of the concave grey pad. I thought about using a white flat pad, but I just ended up using the yellow foam pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Blazern00b

While we are discussing the application here, I have a question.

What are you guys using as the foam applicator? Are you using the yellow ones that can be bought at the Autopia store or are you sourcing them locally?

I get my foam applicators at WalMart. They are the Meg`s Gold Class apps, and I believe they are 2/$1.99.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

Are you guys waiting for the #16 to haze or are you removing it right away like S100 or Souveran????
    I applied it to 1 large or 2 small panels, then go back to where I started and swipe my finger, (I like to leave a small area, about the size of a quarter a little thick). If the wax came off with no smearing or streaking in that spot, I figured it was good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

Are you guys waiting for the #16 to haze or are you removing it right away like S100 or Souveran????

I usually do 1/2 of the car, then remove it. It stills comes off easily for me.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This may sound like a dumb question but a search for #16 brings up nothing. Can someone post a picture of what the can looks like. Hopefully that will help in my search. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by White95Max

I get my foam applicators at WalMart. They are the Meg`s Gold Class apps, and I believe they are 2/$1.99.
    These work very well. I also like the gray foam apps with the blue foam handle you can get at Autozone for $1.99. Easy on the fingers and easy to get even pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys "wipe" your 16 on like using a paint brush, or do you use circular motions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RCBuddha

Do you guys "wipe" your 16 on like using a paint brush, or do you use circular motions?
    I wipe it on, straight back and forth motions. Only S100 wipes on as easily IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gearhead

I wipe it on, straight back and forth motions. Only S100 wipes on as easily IMHO.

So, use light pressure and straight line motions, kind of "painting" it onto the paint?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detailedcars

This may sound like a dumb question but a search for #16 brings up nothing. Can someone post a picture of what the can looks like. Hopefully that will help in my search. Thanks

Here you go...

I heard a couple of weeks ago that there is no more #16 left in the Tennessee warehouse... What`s in distribution is it, in other words, whatever is in your local warehouse or you local auto parts store is it.

Post Thanks / Like

So, use light pressure and straight line motions, kind of "painting" it onto the paint?
    Well, kind of like painting although i don`t paint nearly that fast. Just a fast wipe using light pressure, some overlap to ensure coverage. Get a little wax on a large portion of the applicator so that each wipe covers a wider swath.

I heard a couple of weeks ago that there is no more #16 left in the Tennessee warehouse... What`s in distribution is it, in other words, whatever is in your local warehouse or you local auto parts store is it.
    :doh The last thing I need (well, besides trim dressing) is another can of wax! Just picked up a coupla containers of #26 at the new low price as it looks great on red, but now the situation with #16, just in case...

Post Thanks / Like
    #16 is still available from Meg`s website. I just ordered two cans which should last me the rest of my life.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you here I usually use a terrycloth round applicator to apply #16. i just rub it around the can and apply it to the car with out pressing on the applicator, just a light brushing motion. also don`t worry if it looks like the coverage is a little spotty it is not it is just very fine.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Here you go...

Mike are they replacing #16 with something else or just doing away with it totally ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information