Post Thanks / Like
    I really think these two products are superb.

Trim Restorer is designed to bring back showroom finish on outside trim pieces on the car. The Lexus has a lot of black plastic/polymer trim and this product did the job. I used a corner of a Target quality MF towel and worked a small dab into the crevices. Just a little of this stuff goes a long way.

Here`s the cool part: the stuff looks like and smells like Suntan lotion, the clear kind. A bit weird at first but it really grows on you. Product comes in a generous size bottle with a flip out top dispenser.

Results: terrific - deep black and natural trim look all around. Also worked great around the exterior window seals. An "A+" for effectiveness on my car. As I was using the MF I noticed that the Restorer was also effectively cleaning off the dirt. Colors went from dull grey to deep rich black. Highly recommended.

SSR2.5 - This is Poorboy`s medium abrasive polish. I used this to effectively remove swirl marks on both the black Lexus GS and BMW 325i that I detailed earlier (pics in Click & Brag). The stuff is a medium thick purplish liquid. Goes on the pad easy, works into the paint, and dissolves nicely.

Results: removed most of the swirl marks (except for the deepest needing some rotary action) I planned to hit so I give the product an "A". Highly recommended. I found the product works fine with Pinnacle waxes and paint cleansing lotions...

So my respect for Poorboy`s is growing.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    What "grade" of pad do you think SSR2.5 works best with for medium to heavy swirls?... (i.e., not scratches and not needing rotary attention). Orange pad? Polish Pads? SFX? or DAS?...etc.

If you have experience with these....what are your thoughts on when to use SSR2 and SSR1? I`m still trying to get a handle on when and what level of swirls SSR2 should be used. (Man that`s thick stuff....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee, I`m glad that worked for you. There`s no point using a high end towel and having it stain with the stuff in the crevices around your front & rear glass. I have to say that the TR held up very well with the rain last week which was quite heavy. We`ll have you wearing a Poorboy`s T-shirt one of these days!

As to the SSR 2.5, I really like it a lot too...Poorboy`s has made a believer out of me!

Marty I normally start with the polishing pad to see if that will work and then move to an orange (light cut) and then yellow (medium cut) pad. I"ve found that the Sonus orange pad works very well with SSR 2.5 and that I normally don`t need to go to a medium cut pad for swirls with SSR 2.5; I have had to go slightly more aggressive on scratches, but SSR 2.5 is my favorite product for swirl removal. It breaks down fairly easily at speeds 5-6 on the PC. You do get a pretty good amount of dust if you work it long enough which I`ve found with most compounding products that have been worked to the break down point.

I haven`t tried SSR 2...SSR 2.5 has worked so well and leaves so little marring that it hasn`t been necessary. I have some on the way through a friend so I`ll give it a whirl. I understand there is a pretty big difference in strength between the two.

SSR 1 is a very nice light polish and a great paint cleaner. It really preps the surface well. I`ve used it with a polishing pad & light cutting pad with good results. Personally I like to use a light polish after using the SSR 2.5 because I think you get slightly better results after topping with a sealant or carnauba...then again I`m a bit anal about this stuff, LOL. I`d put it a bit above the Sonus paint cleaner in terms of defect removal...both are excellent in terms of prepping the surface for a LSP.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    "What "grade" of pad do you think SSR2.5 works best with for medium to heavy swirls?"

I`ve had success with a regular Megs finishing pad and a light cut pad as well. So I am basically backing up Todd`s recommendation.

For black cars with swirls I used:

SSR2.5>>Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion>>Pinnacle Souveran X 2

Very pleased with the results, some of my best in fact.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    does the trim restorer remove wax/polish from trim???

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the TS a lot.

I find on heavily neglected trim, I hit it with a Mr.Clean Magic Eraser first, wipe clean, then apply TS with a foam applicator and allow to dry for 10 minutes. I then go over the area again to hit any spots that really sucked up the product. This stuff lasts for a WHILE...I really enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mrzeee

does the trim restorer remove wax/polish from trim???

It has removed wax/sealant and polish for me. I had great success on the windshield wash sprayer nozzles with it. It also removed the caked on dust from SSR 2.5 that was in the crevices between around my front and rear glass.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Thread Information