Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I had two identical Escalades this week. Both 2003 standard versions and both were pearl. One was a full detail and the other a wash/polish/wax job. Both were in excellent condition and I see them regularly (one each week, the other every two weeks) and am normally the only one who washes them.

I prepped both the same exact way, QEW wash and polished both with Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba using the Cyclo and green polishing pads. On one, I topped with #16, the other with Carnauba Moose.

First impressions:

Both products seem to work best applying and removing a section at a time. #16 is more clear and wet, CMW deepens the color slightly and seems a bit richer looking-even on a horribly orange peeled factory paint. Personally, I like the look of CMW a bit more. Seems to have more depth, even on light colors. Both are reasonably slick, decent for carnaubas but nothing like Wolfgang or UPP, of course.

Anyway, this really isn`t about appearance since both look nice and both owners were very happy with how their vehicles looked. What I am interested in is the durability of the products. I have had good luck with CMW and #16 is pretty solid in that department too. Both get washed with QEW which is a wax friendly wash, so neither gets an unfair advantage.

Scorecard:

Ease of use-even

Appearance-slight edge to CMW

Slickness-even

Durability-to be determined. :xyxthumbs

Oh yeah, I should have pics by late this week. Don`t expect to see much of a difference, it isn`t huge so it probably won`t show on the pics.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t CMW have cleaners in it? Would this have any effect on why it looked better than #16?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

Doesn`t CMW have cleaners in it? Would this have any effect on why it looked better than #16?

CMW is a pure wax. The only cleaning properties it may have are the solvent carriers in it. I polished both exactly the same way.

I`m not saying you would necessarily think CMW looks better, but to my eye it does. Again, the difference isn`t huge, just a slightly deeper color and more depth.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I`m just realizing something. You said Carnauba Moose Wax. Is that different than just regular Moose Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I`m just realizing something. You said Carnauba Moose Wax. Is that different than just regular Moose Wax?

Moose Wax = strong cleaner wax

Carnauba Moose Wax = pure wax

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, and that is exactly the reason Carnauba Moose Wax is a horrible name. Too easy to confuse. It should have been called Clearkote Carnauba or something similar. I guess Mr. Glass wanted to stick with the Moose theme. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m curious to the durability of CMW, since the person`s car I did washed it off, only 2 weeks in.

Post Thanks / Like
    2-weeks. Wow that is short. Even S100/P21S lasts longer than that.

What did the person wash the car with and how many times? I doubt highly that CMW would only have a couple of weeks of durability; if that was the case, very few people here would ever use it.

Paco
    Too many products ... too few cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking forward to durability news Scott, as always, much appreciated info....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    ScottWAx- Sounds like a good comparo! One of these days you oughta try using the Cyclo with finishing pads to apply the wax. I just love doing #16 with that thing. It`s not like you`ll save any time, but it just seems to work a little differently by machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by John Styrnol

I`m curious to the durability of CMW, since the person`s car I did washed it off, only 2 weeks in.

Don`t use beading as a gauge for durability. CMW does not bead very well at all...in fact, its sheeting sorta reminds me of EX/EX-P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, Scott...very interesting

I have CMW, but no #16...I`ll have to give it a shot on my dad`s Caddy...And yes, the OP is yucky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

ScottWAx- Sounds like a good comparo! One of these days you oughta try using the Cyclo with finishing pads to apply the wax. I just love doing #16 with that thing. It`s not like you`ll save any time, but it just seems to work a little differently by machine.

Not trying to hijack this thread or anything but do the pads on a cyclo oscillate or spin?

Post Thanks / Like
    That was the first time I used it. So, when I washed it I saw not much beading and she told me she took it to a car wash, I figure the stuff was basically gone. Nice to know that it was still there. Well, this weekend I put some Tropi-Care TC-3 on her car, so I guess the CMW is gone now, maybe not. She`s happier with the way the car looks now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use and really enjoy both products.

Appearance and ease of use IMHO go to CMW and durability to #16 up here in the acid rain NorthEast.

I find CMW REALLY darkens the paint. It`s amazing at its ability to do so.

I find its ease of use to be far superior to #16. I apply CMW to the whole car, let sit and then buff off. It comes off with zero effort even if you over apply. I liken it to EX-P in removal. Plus you can use it in the sun. #16 can be a bit of a pain if you let it dry especially if you accidentily use too much.

I`m curious about the durability by you, especially since you wash them frequently.
    Seth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information