Post Thanks / Like
    Three questions about Poorboy`s EX:

1) How long do you let it dry before removing it?

2) Is there any difference in ease of removal by letting it dry longer?

3) Is there any benefit to applying EX by machine vs. by hand?

I am asking these questions because I used EX for the first time the other day on my Expedition ( you can see that post here: Click Here ), and it was very easy to remove but I only waited for it to haze over before removing it, even though the label recommends letting it dry much longer. If I had to guess, I would say that it sat on the paint for about 10 minutes before removal. I am just always afraid that I won`t be able to get a product off when I`m not familiar with it, like SG. That stuff is a nightmare for me, and I won`t go near my Exp. with it. I`m going to be ready for my second coat of EX Thursday and I`m trying to figure out if I should let it dry longer and if I should apply with my PC or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    1) At least 30 seconds, max a couple days. It is always easy to remove

2) It is contested that there is a slightly better shine, better protection if you let it dry for 30-60 mins.

3) Maybe a more even layer of product, but by hand with a foam applicator, it goes on very thin.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    1) Let it haze / flash for 30 - 60 minutes. It will wipe off easier than applying

2) From my experience, yes. Its pretty dang easy!

3) Do first layer by PC, than other layers by hand. I do PC. I love the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    1) 60 minutes

2) Dont know

3) Pc. This solved my problem I was having by applying to thick a coat and then it was bit harder to remove. The pc has aided me by allowing me to go with a thin coat, and made the removal super easy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s the thing - if it is dry enough to remove that easy, it`s done whatever it`s doing. If you are ever unsure - do the finger swipe test. if any product comes off powdery on your finger (light swipe please..) it`s done :lol
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    The others have given you some great info on 1, and 2. I`ll add a bit more on 3.

EX has a slight amount of cleaning ability. If you use a PC, you`ll probably get "more" cleaning ability out of it........... maybe more than you expect. Therefore, if you want to clean up the surface a bit, applying with a PC will probably accomplish that. If you are attempting to get some layering, you probably want to apply by hand.

SivaBimma`s suggestion of............. first coat with PC, and subsequent layers by hand is a very good one.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the info guys, great tips from everyone. I already applied the first coat by hand, but I think I am actually going to do the next coat by PC and then one more by hand.

It rained for the last couple days pretty hard and I can now see the white residue popping up everywhere that everyone complains about. It popped up in all the cracks and crevices where I evidentally didn`t get all the excess out of. Very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    1. As long as you want. Even after a couple of minutes, if you applied EX thinly, it wipes off with ease.

2. If you apply EX to the entire car then go back and remove immediately or wait 30-60 minutes, there is little difference in ease of removal. I know on the bottle of EX-P I have it says waiting 30-60 minutes improves the shine, but I can`t tell a difference.

3. I can apply EX more quickly and uniformly by hand.

With regards to any residue between body panels, I always take a damp MF to those areas after I finish removing any LSP. Seems to work well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    1. i think the instructions stated something like allow it to haze/dry before removal. for a wetter look allow it to dry 30 to 60 minutes.

2. not that i noticed. as long as you applied it thin enough, it should be on the clear side, not white, it`s easy to remove.

3. the only advantage i can think of applying by hand over PC is that on my mach1, there are some tight areas where i can`t get the pad into. and it is possible you use less since the pad is damp and shouldn`t absorb as much EX.

and the only time i got white residue popping up was on areas where i didn`t wipe too good, usually because i either missed that area or had applied too thickly and didn`t wipe it off well enough. but that is interesting you got it, was it just after the rain, or was it there before also? if just after the rain, how much time passed between wiping it off and the rain came? thanks.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Thread Information