Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    As some of you may have read, I got 5 new LC pads in the other day. 3 White polishing, 2 Orange light cutting. I was trying them out today with some DACP on the mom-mobile, and the glue from the velcro on the cutting pad is seperating already! This is the second time I`ve used it! The first time it was hand washed with warm water and Sonus der Wunder Wasche. I put it on speed 6 and it did its job as far as swirl removal. When i went to carefully (as always) pull the pad off of my velcro backing plate, I noticed the edge of the pad`s velcro was lifting from the foam itself . The backing plate I`m using is the one that came with my Sonus kit. I`m not positive what size it is, but it`s a pretty perfect fit for the LC velcro.

Was it operator error, or was there maybe a bad batch of pads sent out? Is any way I can get these replaced? I ordered them from Autopia, so I don`t know if they came with any kind of LC warranty. I`ll get pictures up as soon as I can find my camera.

Thanks, :wavey
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Give David a call. You should always contact the vendor first for a resolution. I`m sure he`ll make things right.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if it`s my fault, I don`t wanna bother anyone trying to fix something I messed up. I was just curious if anyone else had this problem with this pad before.

By David, you mean David Bynon, right? Or is there another David I need to know about?
    -Glenn Jr.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mongoose - I`m glad you posted this because the very same thing happened to me last May. All three pads had shredded after one use. I thought perhaps it was my fault . . . soaked in detergent and air dry. On the very next use I noticed little bits of foam flying about the car. Upon closer inspection the velcro had come apart from the foam.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you contact anyone to see about replacing them?
    -Glenn Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MongooseGA

By David, you mean David Bynon, right? Or is there another David I need to know about?

Well, there *is* a second David at the Autopia store

But just email "David" there and it`ll be fine. One David or the other will get back to you.

CIXELSYD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you contact anyone to see about replacing them?

I sent an email to support@autopia but received no response. I figured it must have been a freak incident and did not merit a response.

So I picked up Sonus pads and 6.5" curved pads from Detailers Paradise. No issues with either :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds like a manufacturing defect, sometimes simply can`t be avoided ,sorta like other foam pads tearing sometimes or mfs linting sometimes. I`ve noticed the orange LC pads seem to be more sensitve to wear than the other grades but all of my other pads : LC white, yellow and black in all sizes as well as my Megs pads seem ok.

Hope you do get a replacemnt for this apparent bad batch.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats funny that you have said that you emailed "support". I had a question about 2 months ago on a item I orderd and got no response. So when the "Yahoo" questionare came to me via e-mail I responded with my displeasure. David emailed me back the next day after the questionare and indicated that "they try to respond to every email" and he was sorry for letting mine slip away. I replyed indicateing that it was ok and sometimes we just cant respond to every one and these things happen, no big deal.

I just hope that this isn`t going to be an issue here at the autopia store. They have excellent products and timely delivery. I would try him again and tell him of your problem and that you havn`t recieved a return email. Your a paying patron and deserve a timely response.

Post Thanks / Like
    what type of pad was it? flat? VC? advanced?

Post Thanks / Like
    BillD,

I noticed that my white polishing pad held up better than the orange one. Maybe the LC orange pad has a curse or something

disasnguy.

It`s the orange cutting pad with the `variable contact polishing pocket`.
    -Glenn Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    MongooseGA,

Sorry to hear that.

I really abuse my LC pads and they seem to hold up ok.

(letting polishes cake and dry on the pads; washed with

Dawn in the washer; ran over one accidentally with my car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Have your orange pads held up as well?

I`ll shoot a PM off to an LC rep to see if there is any warrantee or anything I can do about this.
    -Glenn Jr.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an orange pad but it`s a variable contact pad. the velcro is holding up very well, very sturdy. i also have some flat pads and they`re flimsier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Knockwurst

I sent an email to support@autopia but received no response. I figured it must have been a freak incident and did not merit a response.

So I picked up Sonus pads and 6.5" curved pads from Detailers Paradise. No issues with either :xyxthumbs

Same problem here.... Seems like something DavidB might wanna look into. My Sonus pads all fell apart about 30 minutes into first using them. I emailed "support" about 7 or 8 weeks ago and have yet to hear a response... I`m still wondering if they can get my LC VC pads (which I think would hold up under absolutely nuclear conditions). I always like the autopia store but sincerely hope this was just a glitch before I start shopping elsewhere.
    -Nate

"Mine may be a POS... but at least it`s POS with depth and reflection"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information