Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and rain is in the forecast every day between now and Tuesday.

I have two Optimum products, the polish and the car wax, Hi-temps light cut and I am borrowing a Cyclo from an Autopian (who will remain nameless lest he be bombarded with requests from others to lend his machine out). I also got some of the Cyclo green polishing pads from Top of the Line...and huge props to them for getting the order out so quickly. I ordered the pads Tuesday afternoon and they were here Thursday afternoon!

Anway, I have the Cyclo for about a month so I hope to give it a good workout. If my first impressions of the quality of this machine mean anything, it appears to be very well built and solid. It also seems to transmit less vibration to my hands and doesn`t bog down under pressure as quick as my PC. Did a great job on the top of my dryer and it definitely generates heat. Maybe not as much as a rotary, but noticably more than the PC.

Once the weather is better, I will be putting everything to the test and report back.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    How many coats of protectant do you have on your dryer, Scott?

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, I have Wolfgang Pre-Cleaner and 2 layers of SG on the washing machine and I polished (with the cyclo) the top of the dryer with Optimum polish and #80 and finished it with Optimum Car Wax...which is a liquid, even thinner than Glanz Wax.

Both are very shiny.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Let me know what you think of the OCW - I think it would be great to be able to wipe on and wipe off for a quick wax after a wash! Keep us posted!

Cheers,

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Are we turning you into a Cyclo phile too? I`m glad you like the Cyclo and were able to hook up with someone to try it out. I would like to enthusisatically welcome you to "the club".

If you can get a hold of those orange Cyclo pads that would be great! I`d like to hear your opinion on those. Hmm.. wonder if TOL would consider selling the 4" Lake Country pads. They`re all I use, virtual small replicas of the typical PC pads and they work very nicely :up
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t like the cyclo the time I tried it, I`m sure w/ some more seat time I`d grow to love it, but it just felt funny, and felt like it was to easy for the little pads to slip from under the machine

Post Thanks / Like
    I can say the LC pads stick to the velcro incredibly well, don`t know about the Cyclo brand themselves.Sometimes it even takes a try or two to pull these pads off!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a website for Cylco? I feel myself getting sucked into another new toy...Christmas is around the corner.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    damn you!!! no cyclo!!! i can`t buy more and more. i have no more room in my dorm! i hope you hate it and that you give it horrible reviews so i have no interest in buying one!!

Vernon

Post Thanks / Like
    damn you!!! no cyclo!!! i can`t buy more and more. i have no more room in my dorm! i hope you hate it and that you give it horrible reviews so i have no interest in buying one!!

I doubt that will happen. It is an awkward machine to use at first. But a couple of cars and it starts to feel really nice in your hands. It is just getting past the initial awkwardness (for me at least).

And it does polish out blemishes a lot faster than the PC in my opinion.

Hope you have fun with it Scott. The green pads work really well with the speed glaze you like to use.

and huge props to them for getting the order out so quickly. I ordered the pads Tuesday afternoon and they were here Thursday afternoon!
    That is the same service that I recieve when getting stuff from TOL, a great place to order from.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot, Bill, you never told me the Cyclo was an airplane polisher....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, 50 somewhat years ago it was invented for this purpose. Someone brilliant must have tried it on a car and voila, the wonderful detailing tool story began

Post Thanks / Like
    didnt the cyclo also get alot of fame from the airstream travel trailer crowd?
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by scottlee

didnt the cyclo also get alot of fame from the airstream travel trailer crowd?

Yeah, polishing big aluminum things like travel trailers and airplanes was its original purpose. The towel-under-the-pads trick that we think is *so* innovative (like with the PC and a MF) was being used with Cyclos on the planes/trailors before most of us were born

I always find other people`s Cyclo opinions interesting. Most people I know find it more user-friendly than the PC, as do I, but there *are* exceptions (I know one guy who just *hates* the Cyclo but borrows my PC all the time). So I`m not surprised that some people like HotRodGuy don`t care for how it handles. I`m sure not gonna slam anybody for liking one machine more than another...

I am a bit about the pads slipping though; I`ve just never exerienced that :nixweiss But it occurs to me that when I first got it I was *very* careful with it; I really treated it with a lot more respect than I probably needed to, sorta treated it like a rotary. So I "burned in" good habits with it muscle-memory-wise. Habits which, BTW, transferred quite well to the rotary. I`ll admit you can be a *lot* less careful with a PC without anything awful happening so going from the Cyclo to the PC was probably easier than the other way around.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information