Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know who the cheapest company is for Souveran wax that will export to the UK?

I can`t find anyone selling it in the UK so want to import some but need to get it at a good price.

Thanks for your help,

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me, I`d get some Poorboys Natty`s Wax or P21S Wax from Alex at http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk - Souveran is way overpriced IMO and when you add the cost of shipping to it, then you`re looking at silly money.

Don`t know who`ll be the cheapest for Souveran, but here`s a few links for you to check out...

http://www.autopia-carcare.com

http://www.pakshak.com

http://www.properautocare.com

http://www.autogeek.net

http://www.topoftheline.com

http://www.premiumautocare.com
    My name`s Craig...

...and I`m addicted to detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    What might be a good idea, is to get a bunch of MF cloths from Ranney at PakShak for the `Autopia` special prices and get a pot of Souveran at the same time - the savings on the MF cloths will soak up some of the costs of the Souveran and shipping... just a thought.
    My name`s Craig...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info. after reading the forums I might just got for P21S over the Souveran as Alex`s prices seem very tempting

Would you recommend Poorboys Natty`s Wax over P21S Wax. Also while I am ordering from seriousperformance.co.uk is there any product which is a `MUST` get? I`ve got a bunch of Autoglim stuff but find its rubbish. btw I have a dark blue Lotus Elise with swirl marks.

Thanks for your help.

PS. is ScratchX any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S wax is very good. As for a product you must have, I would say that any product which really helps in the prep of your paint is worth while. P21S, Zanio, Pinnacle Souveran Wax, none will look great if the prep is poor.

Whilst I would strongly disagree with your comments on Autoglym, I can highly recommend Alex as a good guy to buy from. If the swirls are minor it might be worth looking at Clearkotes VM. Some love it and some dont, I like it and it is very easy to use

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree... it`s all in the prep no matter what wax or sealant you use.

If you have very light swirls then maybe some Poorboys SSR2 may help you - I always use it with the PC, but I`m pretty sure you`ll be ok to use it by hand, it`s not that aggressive IMO and it`s a very user friendly product (along with all the Poorboys products). Also, I`d highly recommend getting some detailing clay if you haven`t done so already.

Clearkote VM topped with Poorboys EX-P are `must` products if you have a light or silver coloured car.
    My name`s Craig...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ready to order a 100g bar of detailing clay when I place my next order along with some SSR2 so prep should be good

I`m not sure whether to go for P21S Wax or Poorboys EX-P? At the moment I can`t really afford to get both, so it has to be one of the other....

I`m tempted by the claimed longevity of the EX-P as winter is about to set in so I wont be able to clean the car properly for a while. But the P21S Wax does sound like it will give a fantastic finish, much nicer to look at than the EX-P.....

Anyone got any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think one of the problems with people saying x product is better than y, is that it can exaggerate the differences. I like EX-P and Autoglym Gloss but there is only a subtle difference between the two in terms of absolute finish.

If your preparing for winter I would go with a sealant, as good as P21S is, it will not last long in the winter.

The Super Resin is a very mild polish but will also give greater protection than the SSR2.

The VM EX-P combination does give very nice results and I agree with Pugoman, if you have very light swirls, this combination might be all you need (plus clay)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi - Lowejackson - when you say EX-P and AG extra gloss - do you mean topping Extra Gloss with the EX-P? or are you just saying you like those two products?

I agree with you and Pugoman that Autoglym products do seem to get a bad press. I tended to use Meguiars products on my silver BMW 3series, but at the weekend I bought some Autoglym products. I washed the car with the AG wash (which I did think was poor - glad it was a sample size - I`ll go back to using megs softwash!) the paint was fairly recently clayed, cleaned and had gold class on it. So I just used the Super resin Polish and the extra gloss which I managed to get two coats on, both of which got about an hour to cure.

Anyway - I was seriously impressed at the finish - I can`t stop looking at it and the gold class wax is as good as in the bin!

I was wondering if there was anything which I could improve it with (we are never happy are we!) and was considering P21S as a carnauba topper - anybody got any xperience of topping the AG Extra gloss?

Thanks in advance.

Graham

Post Thanks / Like
    Gkerr4, welcome to Autopia

I meant that I like Gloss and EX-P as separate products, I have not used them together, maybe something to try next summer.

I am not a fan of the Autoglym shampoo, not because it is a particularly bad shampoo but there are IMO better products (Sonax, Dr Wack etc).

There should be no problem topping a wax on the Gloss, I have done this many times over the last few years with Blitz and P21S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

You mentioned some wash products - Sonax, Dr Wack etc - where do you get those from?is it a UK distributor or do you save up a big order and send from the US?

There are certainly few stores up here in the NW that stock premium products, but I can find very few UK web-based supliers either. I have seen www.seriousperformance.co.uk - who seem to get highly rated by you guys - are they easy to deal with?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t use P21S wax during the winter, unless you`re prepared to top it up every weekend. It only lasts for around the 1 month period for me and that`s in good summer weather. EX-P, Megs no.20 or 1Z Glanz would be my choices for the winter - all available in the UK. If you want to order from the US then you won`t get much better durability than the Klasse twins.

Alex at Serious Performance is your best bet if you want to order premium brand products from within the UK, he has a good selection... there is also Andy at http://www.erazer.co.uk who sells the 1Z range of products, which are also of very high quality. Both of these guys are good to deal with so don`t worry about ordering from them.

The `Sonax Gloss Shampoo` is available from most Vauxhall dealerships in the UK - it`s a great little shampoo and very cheap compared to other high-end brands... I purchased a 5 litre container for £14, but you can get the standard 500ml bottles for around £3.90. I too dislike the AG shampoo - probably my least favourite shampoo that I`ve ever tried!
    My name`s Craig...

Post Thanks / Like
    List of some UK available products http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=29410

The Iauto (Dr Wack) site is still down but I really like their shampoo and wheel cleaner, they also do a very nice mild chemical polish. The Wack also seems to last me a lot longer than the Sonax but dont let that put you off buying the Sonax - it is cheap, easy to buy and works very well.

I can recommend Alex as a good guy to buy from.

Think of the Autoglym Twins (Resin & Gloss) as the British version of Klasse. From memory, CMA say they last about the same amount of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you end up going to your local Vauxhall dealer, then Sonax also do a very good non-acidic wheel cleaner called `R2000 Wheel Cleaner`... very good product - worth a try IMO.
    My name`s Craig...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for all the advice guys. It really is a huge help

Thread Information