I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently in the market to get some new products that I have not tried before. My arsenal at the moment pretty much consists of the Poorboy`s line. But I have been seeing a lot of good things about the Wolfgang line especially the sealant. I was just curious what you guys think of the Wolfgang sealant againt the Poorboy`s EX. I really like Ex a lot and I was just wondering if I would gain anything buy getting the Wolfgang product or should I just stick the EX?
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to choose between EX-P and Wolfgang my vote would go to EX-P. I found that EX-P left the finish more reflective. The key I found to using it to apply with very thin coats to avoid dusting.

Wolfgang tends to have more a carnuaba look to it and is also extremely easy to use.

Hope it helps some in your decision.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pats300zx

If I had to choose between EX-P and Wolfgang my vote would go to EX-P. I found that EX-P left the finish more reflective. The key I found to using it to apply with very thin coats to avoid dusting.

Not to get off course, is EX a Sealant or a polish?? I know that EX-P is a ______ w/Carnauba...correct?

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Both are sealants. EX has some carnauba. EX-P is a pure sealant. Both should give you about 3-4 months protection. EX looks especially nice on dark colored cars, EX-P looks especially nice on light colored cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Wolfgang and like it a lot on Blacks & reds.

What color is your car?

If your looking to try something new I`d really recommend buying the menzerna car care kit, and trying FMJ. It`s probably the easiest product that I`ve ever used. You can literally FMJ a mid-sized car (start to finish) in 20min or less. The slickness, shine, depth, and durability are all top notch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe your Altima is silver, right? If you want to try something else, you would probably like 4* UPP more than Wolfgang because you will get a more reflective look. On dark, non metallic paint, I`d go with Wolfgang.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    On gold and silver metallics, I think clarity and reflection are the most desireable characteristics. In that case, EX-P would be a great choice. Like Scott mentioned, 4*UPP is a great choice too. I just recently did a side by side comparison on my hood with EX-P and 4*UPP on the other side. UPP is not quite as clear and reflective as EX-P but it defnitely looks like it has more depth. On my silver metallic TL, it`s the one that has best given me the look I want.

Wolfgang will definitely mute the flakes in metallic paint. It has a very *soft* look to it. I really like it on black. Some of the more clear LSP`s (like EX-P and Zaino) are very clear but it tends to make black look like a mirror and washes out a lot of depth. WG is very glossy and wet looking on black... a great choice for darker colors.

I do have to mention that while I like most everything I tried in the WG line, I don`t like the pre-cleaner. It`s not that it`s that bad... just in IMHO there are a lot better products out there for that stage (VM comes to mind.)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    On my silver M3 I used Meg hand polish (#81 i think) and topped with NXT. Paints jumpin now

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse I like Klasse.

Thread Information