Post Thanks / Like
    Its about time to get our two daily-driven vehicles ready for the winter season (we`re supposed to get our first snow tomorrow).

Just wondering what the thoughts were on the relative durability between #20 and EX-P. Between those two, and NXT, those are the only "sealants" I own. Everything else I have in my arsenal is either a carnuaba paste wax (P21S, Natty`s) or a liquid wax (GC, #26, DC Step 3).

I love the look of VM + EX-P, but I`m just not sure if EX-P will outlast #20 in the winter? Any thoughts?

(I`m pretty sure #20 will outlast NXT).

Post Thanks / Like
    well from posting on the meguiars forum NXT is supposed to be better than 20. However i got good durability from 20 as opposed to NXT

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would do EXPx2 but not use VM under it as I suspect EXP would not "stick" as well to a glaze as opposed to just a clean paint surface.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P does ok sticking to VM. I know many here have had success with it, but as always, your opinion and mileage may vary

Brett

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that you would get better protection from natty`s or another paste wax. I have used ex, ex-p, and natty`s. The natty`s seemed to bead longer and bugs, etc. were easier to remove.

Post Thanks / Like
    I own and have used both #20 and EX-P. I can`t really tell you wich is more durable because I never leave anything on long enough to really test it. One thing to keep in mind is #20 can`t be layered because of the cleaners in it. Poorboy`s EX-P can.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure which lasts longer, either as Steve said. Never had either on long enough to completely die. Either one should be fine but I would top with #16 so you have a durable sacrificial layer on top.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I would top with #16 so you have a durable sacrificial layer on top.

I`m curious why #16 generally seems to be considered more durable than P21S, when according to the guru reports P21S clearly beat it in the tests? (I`ve wondered this a while)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Inzane

I`m curious why #16 generally seems to be considered more durable than P21S, when according to the guru reports P21S clearly beat it in the tests? (I`ve wondered this a while)

I have no idea but I doubt many would who have used both would consider S100/P21S more durable than #16. Some of the Guru Tests durability results were right on with my results, others weren`t. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I may have to pick up some #16 then. Its not an off the shelf item around here but I can special order it from a local Meguiar`s distributor, and its not too expensive if I recall.

Anyway, in the meantime I went ahead and used #20 on my wife`s car today. Washed with NXT car wash, and applied one coat of #20.

Today was probably the last outdoor driveway carwash I get to do until next spring. From now on it will be quick blasts in the coin-op wand wash now and then, or QEW in my garage on semi-warm winter nights with only the heat from my twin 500w halogens to keep me warm.

Its going to snow tomorrow... :angry

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Inzane

I may have to pick up some #16 then. Its not an off the shelf item around here but I can special order it from a local Meguiar`s distributor, and its not too expensive if I recall.

Got some bad news for you. #16 is discontinued in Canada. Your local Megs distributor might not be able to get it. You might have to order from a U.S. vendor. If I remember correctly the guy who runs the Canadian on line store eShine.ca bought up all of Megs Canada`s remaining stock of #16.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

If I remember correctly the guy who runs the Canadian on line store eShine.ca bought up all of Megs Canada`s remaining stock of #16.

You did remember correctly!

Chris Pace

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

Got some bad news for you. #16 is discontinued in Canada. Your local Megs distributor might not be able to get it.

How recently did this happen and how did you find out about it? While on this topic, what ELSE has Meguiars Canada discontinued?

I had heard rumors back in the spring that they were going to discontinue #20 Polymer Sealant and Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner... :angry but I haven`t verified that claim. It was said by a couple "reps" that go around western canada doing demonstrations, and they think NXT was meant to replace #20 and ColorX was meant to replace MPPC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I read it here on Autopia. Chris Pace is the person who runs eShine.ca. He bought up all of the remaining #16 in Canada. You can get some from him. You might find some still in the stores but when it`s gone you will have to order online. This happened very recently.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what Meguiars told me there are certain products #16 included that contain a certain combustable chemical that are not allowed to enter Canada. This affected certain products, I am not 100% sure of all of them.
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Thread Information