Post Thanks / Like
    OK, first I did AIO, let it cure, then I applied(thinly) SG. My question is all the SG did not come off(little faint stripes remained), so I used the Crystal Mist to remove the haze. Is this ok? Did I comprimise my layer of SG. I will be applying Souveran after a day. This is my first time using these products, so clue me in how to achieve the best result. Thanks in advance...
    2004 Mystic Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RB88

OK, first I did AIO, let it cure, then I applied(thinly) SG.

What do you mean you let AIO "cure"? AIO is a wipe on wipe off product. You didn`t mention if you wiped it off. It sounds like you applied AIO and did not remove it than applied SG. Is this what you did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Work All-In-One into the surface, just don`t wipe it on, wipe it off. PC application better than hand. After a section has had AIO worked into it, then promptly remove. Sealant Glaze can be applied immediately after All-In-One. A day is a good amount of time to wait between coats of Sealant Glaze. If you`re only laying down one layer of Sealant Glaze, then removing residue with Pinnacle Crystal Mist shouldn`t be a problem. But if you were going to lay down subsequent layers there might be bonding issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal Mist contains carnuba, so I think you`ve wankered any further layering of SG. SONUS Acrylic Spritz is a far better choice for attacking the pesky SG streaks as it is KLASSE twins friendly and also works without complications with UPP. That is what I use.

I`m afraid that you must begin again with AIO (to remove any waxes that CM laid down), add all the layers of SG you want, de-streaking with SONUS or some other wax free QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    bummer, I had already done AIO x2, SG x1, and I was hoping to top it off on Fri (Souveran). I have entered a car show on Sat, Can someone recommend plan(using the products above) ie: can I do the AIO, followed immediately by the SG, wait 24hrs then top it?Will this plan give decent results. Thanks for the help?
    2004 Mystic Cobra

Post Thanks / Like
    After AIO, you can add as many layers of SG as you want, just let them cure for 24 hours (at least).

You could put a topper, like S100, over SG, but you should still wait 24 hours.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add to the `haze` of information, it has been suggested that the use of a Quick Detailer can affect the `crosslinking` of the polymer. Duh, that`s out of my league.

Having said that, we use it frequently, with great success.

As I tell my clients: " If I thought there was something better, I`d be using it."

Check out my Miata. AIO/SGx3/Souveran

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s one of the coolest pics re detailing I`ve ever seen Jimmy!

Post Thanks / Like
    after applying aio i applied sg wait a few days, sg again wait a few days, sg again, waited a week, sg again, i noticed it looks better a few days after you apply it. i noticed this each time, it seams to get clearer and more glossy. or is it me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by cheapshot

after applying aio i applied sg wait a few days sg again waited a days sg again, waited a week sg again, i noticed it looks better a few days after you apply it. i noticed this each time, it seams to get clearer and more glossy. or is it me?

I`ve always noticed the same thing with Zaino as well. It has to do with the "curing" that occurs a day or more after you apply it.

Thread Information