Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I got to use the Pinnacle swirl removers yesterday. Our Regal got a new fender about two months ago, and the detail guy swirled the heck out of the rest of the car, apparently as a favor to me.

I washed the car, used Meguiar`s Gold Class Bug & Tar Remover to de-bug the bumper and hood, masked the car off, then broke out the Cyclo and the green polishing pads with Pinnacle Swirl Remover.

The Swirl Remover was very easy to use. It seems to have a cut somewhat similar to #84 Swirl Free Polish, but it seems to break down more slowly, giving it a bit more aggressiveness overall. It did a nice job on the swirling with moderate pressure and slow passes.

The product does not have as much glaze effect as #80 Speed Glaze has. But it does have some glaze effect and leaves the finish looking nice. It probably would be worth using a glaze or something like Pinnacle`s Paint Cleansing Lotion afterwards for a bit more pop.

I started to notice some dusting after doing a few panels. So I wiped the pads off and used less product on the next panel, and problem solved. After that, I wiped the pads every 1-2 panels and continued using the smaller product amount and didn`t have any more dusting issues.

There were two spots I tried Advanced Swirl Remover with the yellow cutting pads. One was on some scratching that had been on the roof forever. The ASR didn`t make a dent. However, I had hit that spot in the past with DACP and a cutting pad, which did round it over a bit and minimize the appearance. So it`s not surprising the ASR didn`t improve on it. The other spot was a spot the "detail" guy went a bit crazy on. There was some marring on the paint that I instructed the body shop to leave alone, but I guess the guy figured he`d do me a favor. He buffed the marring off and left a nice dull hazy patch of paint for me. The ASR and cutting pad did do a nice job on this. I followed both areas up with SR and the green pad. I get the feeling ASR is made to be PC aggressive, not rotary aggressive. It is fairly aggressive compared to swirl removers, but it`s not super aggressive. You can feel a very fine grit in it between your fingers, and it will slowly break down as you rub your fingers together.

I ended up topping the car with the Liquid Souveran that came with the evaluaton kit. It is easy to use, easy to buff, and smells nice. The car looked nice after it, but I haven`t seen it outside yet. The car doesn`t look as glossy as the Aurora parked next to it, but that`s not really a product fault. I don`t spend comparable amounts of time on them, and one is a lot more babied than the other.

One thing I noticed on cleanup was that both products stained my pads. It was most noticeable with the blue-grey ASR on a yellow pad. But you could see the green SR on the green pad a bit after washing them.

Oh, and I`m really growing fonder and fonder of the Cyclo. It is so smooth and powerful. The switch seems so basic, just a big flip lever, sort of 50`s, but it`s always where your hand can reach, and it`s just right such that it`s almost impossible to turn on accidentally, and very easy to turn off when you need to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a shot of the Regal all masked off. I guess I`m weird, but I think the cars look kinda neat when they are all masked off.

Oh, I did mask the headlights after this shot:

Post Thanks / Like
    C`mon Aurora40, what happend to taping off the regal emblem
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just use care around emblems. I don`t tape them off. Product doesn`t stain them, rather the machine can tear them off. That`ll happen tape or no tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Swirl Remover on the hatch of my 350Z yesterday. I had minor spiderwebbing after weeks of hurricanes spoiling my finish.

I was favorably impressed. Used a white LC pad, followed by Wolfgang sealant. Looked really nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife mentioned today that she couldn`t find her car in a parking lot. Turns out she saw it, but it was so clean looking she didn`t think it was hers. The car looked very nice in the sun. Liquid Souveran seems to have nice gloss and a lot of shine. I thought it looked very nice, except for all the chips and dings on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

I started to notice some dusting after doing a few panels. So I wiped the pads off and used less product on the next panel, and problem solved. After that, I wiped the pads every 1-2 panels and continued using the smaller product amount and didn`t have any more dusting issues.

Thanks for this tidbit. I had some dusting problems with the SR the first couple times I used it too. I thought I was using a small amount of polish, but today I used even less. Still some dust, but much less!

I really like the finish it leaves..

Thread Information