Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The Product: Four Star Ultimate Wheel Cleaner Gel

Smell: Smells very citrusy with no hint of solvents. I like

Viscosity: It is a lime green gellish liquid. Not thick gel like pizon`s hair gel, but more like a `polish` tendency.

Packaging: It comes in a nice 16 ounce thin, black spray bottle. Easy to hold and grip and the sprayer has a stream or spray function. On two rare occasions today (4 different vehicles), the sprayer dripped maybe 3-4 droplets on to my finger, then stopped? Probably just a minor problem that is 1 in a million.

Price: FREE! at www.premiumautocare.com if you pay shipping. Normally it`s about $9. A little pricey for a 16 ounce bottle, but a little goes a long way and it works well.

How I used it: I sprayed down the cool wheel to remove any loose grime/dust. I then applied 10 sprays (in spray mode) about 12 inches from the wheel. This distance allowed a wide pattern of product. I averaged 10 sprays per wheel. I then sprayed 5 sprays per tire (average).

I let it sit for 30 seconds as the instructions said. I then scrubbed the tire with a stiff tire brush and I noticed light foaming that quickly turned brown from the grime being cut up. Directly following, I used a soft wheel brush and went to town on the rim. The foam bellowed out (loved it ) and the rims were cleaning very quickly.

I then immediately hosed down the rim and tire thoroughly to reveal a deep shine.

Final Thoughts: I like this wheel cleaner a lot. I did not use a lot at all and it worked great. These wheels are particularly hard to clean (brake dust STICKS! ) and it made quick work of them. I also enjoyed the foaming and smell . Being a pH neutral ( 7 ) it also comforted me and I knew that it was not damaging.

All in all, I will be purchasing again.

Pics

Before

Hosed Down

Wheel Cleaner Applied

After Scrubbing and Hosing Down

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    great write up sean, great detail thanks for the informative review

now another product on my want list :up
    "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How do you rate it against A2Z?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, thanks Sean for the excellent review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup seems like a great mobile gel too because you can spray a little and let the foam do the work with a MF. I`ve tried it and all you need is a little water. Wouldn`t promote it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    7.95 for shipping:down

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for putting this product review on here! Yeah, thank you very much for promoting a free product. When I went to the website it say`s you don`t have to order anything else to get the offer. But I did anyways, $30 worth! Thanks a lot Sean, I want my $30 back!!! Just kidding, I guess I am one of the first 30 to get in on the offer. But I also looked at the special they had and they had BnB and natural look on sale, so I figured I would give it a try. And I ordered a Med`s polishing pad. It`s good to see that Premium got there website fixed to where you can order more than one thing at a time, I never used these guys because I could never get 2 products in the same cart. Now that I can I might be using these guys a little more often!! In honesty thanks Sean for the review, at no charge it is well worth the risk. And to the guy complaining about the shipping charge, order some more products you need and the shipping doesn`t change!! Thanks Sean
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    travisdecpn: Never tried A2Z but from what I heard it is more effective. They say A2Z is better on tires than this though.

O4cobra: Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah that`s what I did. I bought a bunch of sale items and stuff I needed and added this to the order. A little goes a longggg way. I did 6 cars over the weekend and I still have more than half the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    O4cobra

I dont think the shipping charge is outrageous but I do think 8 bucks for 16 ounces of wheel cleaner is. I can almost get 2 bottles of AZ for that price adding up to 4x more cleaner which to me makes this a bad deal. I used the previous Gel from 4 Star, it wasnt that good and wasnt well reviewed here either. But we are a funny group, buying more than we need searching for that holy grail of product, im just as guilty.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review Sean.:up
    "If you want to be rich - work. If you want to be clever - study. But if you want to be happy - do what you really like"

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review :up

I havent tried this wheel cleaner before. Since its gellish liquid - I wonder if it can tried 1:1 or 1: (0.5) diluted with water ( maybe distilled ). If this works, maybe it can go more long way. Let see what else can I order from PAC
    Check out my detailing

Addicted to Autopia !

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by carcrazy22

Good review :up

I havent tried this wheel cleaner before. Since its gellish liquid - I wonder if it can tried 1:1 or 10.5) diluted with water ( maybe distilled ). If this works, maybe it can go more long way.

Doesn`t diluting it kinda defeat the purpose of a gel cleaner? Which is to cling to the surface to be more effective?

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered it ,want to see how it performs on a "normal car`s" undercarriage/wells
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a free bottle as part of my order, but have yet to try it.

I am curious to see how it stands up to my current favorite: P21s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also used it today for the first time and was quite impressed. I cleaned my wheels really quickly with just regular soap and a semi-stiff brush. I remembered after, that I had this spray that I got in earlier this week, I sprayed a lot on (too much almost I think, between 12-15 squirts). I let it sit while I did the other wheels, then went back and scrubbed it to work up an amazing amount of foam, that became very dirty, and stuck to the wheel really well. It pulled off a lot more dirt then I already had, and left the wheels with a nice shine.

I tried it on my dad`s Durango too, and without anything other then the spray and some water, it made a huge difference. He had layers of brake dust on them from years of being built up and never really washed off. I only did it once really quickly before getting into the shower, and it got a lot of the built up stuff off, though I think I need either a couple more applications or something more aggresive to get off the really heavy stuff.

All in all it worked really well, and I think that for just 7.95 it wasn`t too bad of a buy, I don`t know if I would pay over 15 to buy it alone and get it shipped to my house.

It dripped on me a small amount too, but only after I had gotten around to the fourth wheel and sprayed a lot of sprays, no big deal, I flung it off my finger right onto the wheel anyways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information