Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks blkZ28Conv, I appreciate you taking time out to answer my question.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Z6 is not only my favorite QD, it is probably my single favorite detailing product in existence!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rob Tomlin

Z6 is not only my favorite QD, it is probably my single favorite detailing product in existence!

:xyxthumbs

Rob, I have to agree with you there.

At the risk of becoming a Zaino-head, I have to say that my brief experience with Zaino products has been nothing but positive. :xyxthumbs

I got my first Zaino delivery about two weeks ago - ZFX, Z5, Z6, Z7. The first thing I did was run down stairs and try the Z6 on my wife`s red `05 Subaru Forester. Given that the LSP is Menzerna FMJ, I was a bit apprehensive...

So I sprayed on a bit, wiped and then buffed. Result? NICE!!!

It improved the FMJ shine and slickness. Even though FMJ is extremely slick when first applied, it looses this slickness within a few days. Z6 brought much of it back.

Since then I`ve applied Z5+ZFX to my wife`s old, 1997 Rav4 to prep it for sale. I polished with Menzerna IP + LC Orange Pad. Then I applied the Z5 mix with an LC red pad. The result was very nice too. Surface is very smooth and slick. I was very impressed.

Then yesterday, I did the same to my `02 Gray Audi A4. I polished using Menzerna FPII + LC white pad, and then applied the Z5 with an LC gray pad. Again the result was very nice.

Tonight, I rinsed the Audi to get the dust off and then blew dry with a Toro blower. Water ran off the Z5 like gerbils on a hot rock. Then, I detailed a bit with a little Z6. Like before, the gloss improved. :p

Frankly, I`m a cynic by nature. I believe that most products are based on hype and mendacity. With the Zaino products, I`m getting close to full fan-boy status. (At my age, that`s absurd!)

Regards,

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you are happy with the Zaino stuff Dan!

When the times right you might like to try some of the other Zaino products, the tire gel is VERY good and the glass polish works pretty well too. The leather conditioner is VERY good, the only Zaino product I have been disappointed in and would not recommend is the clay bar. The bar I received was hard as a rock (keep in mind I am in warm and sunny SC), so hard infact that I had to microwave it to soften it enough to use.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Dan.

I am quite cynical as well. I didn`t buy into all the Zaino hype when I first heard of it. Franly, I purchased the products with the full expectation of reporting back on one of the message boards (about 7 years ago) that Zaino wasn`t "all that" and I would still be looking for a product that could do it all. The Z2 especially in combo with Z6 surpassed all my expectations by quite a bit.

I have been detailing my cars since I was 17 (I`m 39 now). I`ve tried numerous products over the years, but still none better than the Zaino system.

Although some other cool products have also come down the pike, the Z6 Gloss Enhancer remains my favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RedondoV6

Good to hear you are happy with the Zaino stuff Dan!

When the times right you might like to try some of the other Zaino products, the tire gel is VERY good and the glass polish works pretty well too. The leather conditioner is VERY good, the only Zaino product I have been disappointed in and would not recommend is the clay bar. The bar I received was hard as a rock (keep in mind I am in warm and sunny SC), so hard infact that I had to microwave it to soften it enough to use.

Redondo, I got some tire gel, but haven`t had time to try it. I`ve heard others say good things about the leather conditioner. I`ll order some with my next order.

Regarding the clay... I`m sorry to hear that it didn`t work well for you. Actually, I forgot to mention a step with the Audi - claying.

I clayed my wife`s new car and her old one with Blackfire PolyClayII that I bought from CMA. It seemed to work very well, but I`d never used clay so I didn`t have an frame of reference.

With my last order of Zaino stuff late last week, I got some Zaino clay. It`s yellow like Pinnacle PolyClay and comes in the same size container as PolyClay, so it may be Pinnacle that`s been repackaged. Anyway...

When I opened it, my experience was the exact opposite of yours. I found it VERY soft. Initially, I found it too soft. Using Zaino`s recommended clay lube formula of 1 cap of Z7 wash to about 16 ounces of water, I clayed the car.

Result? MUCH better than Blackfire Polyclay:

- It was soft and easy to mold (Blackfire was difficult to mold)

- It did a great job (not sure if it`s better or worse than Blackfire)

- The yellow color made it easy to tell when it was dirty or picked up a piece of large grit. (The Blackfire is gray and difficult to "read".)

- The storage container is airtight and much better than the plastic "presentation" box that the Blackfire comes in.

- It`s fairly inexpensive. At $17, the cost is about 2/3 of the cost of the Blackfire stuff and almost 1/2 of the cost of Pinnacle PolyClay.

And the ultimate benefit is the cost of the lube. Using Z7 wash + water is a GREAT lube. Lots of lubrication and dirt cheap. 1 capful of Z7 is probably about 20-30 cents versus about $7-8 for Pinnacle or Blackfire clay lube. Since it`s inexpensive, I used more and that made the work go faster.

Again, I`m sorry that you had a bad experience. My experience with the clay was very positive. :xyxthumbs

Arrrgh!!! I`m turning into a fan-boy! :shocked

Regards,

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a quick question for you guys, I currently have 3 layers of Z5 on my car and I put a layer of P21S as a topper about a week ago....the question is, if I use a Diluted Z6 as a QD, will it have any negative effects on the P21S carnuaba?? If it does, I will just stick my EO wipe and shine as my QD when i use Carnuaba as a topper....I dont plan on using anymore Z5 till spring time, and will be using primarily P21S or NXT during the winter. Im thinking since the Z6 is made for Zaino/Sealant it may interfere with the carnuaba durability if i use it as a QD. Any comments appreciated.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone...I have some other QD`s I would like to use up on my Zaino`d car. I am assuming that Quickshine, Blackfire QD, and Wizards will work fine on Zaino. Any objections? Thanks!

Brett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information