Thread: #80 speed glaze

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

How often do you all use #80 speed glaze? Does 3 times a year sound too much for a daily driven car? My mom will kill me if I bust the clearcoat.

I work it on an orbital until its almost dry and then wipe off immediately with a MF towel. Is this the right way?

Is it true that DACP causes some hazing? Are they any products which I can use after #80 to further enhance the shine?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    On a 00` red Jetta we picked up last week that was heavily swirled and scratched,I went over some spots 2 to 3 times with DACP on a orange pad and some places twice with #80 on a polishing pad.The CC was still there to give you an idea.I also saw no hazing using DACP and working till almost gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    04 blackav, no hazing? orange pad? could you explain your method.

Post Thanks / Like
    DACP will haze the paint on my 626 slightly but not on most other cars I have used it on. #80 removes it completely though.

You are using #80 correctly but as to how often you need to use it is up to how the car is cared for. Normally, maybe once or twice a year would be enough. I deep polish my own car about every 6-9 months but I drive a lot! In between, I use a lighter polish, like Poorboy`s Polish w/carnauba or Clearkote`s Vanilla Moose. Klasse AIO is also an excellent choice.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i heard 80 has fillers in it is that true?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

DACP will haze the paint on my 626 slightly but not on most other cars I have used it on. #80 removes it completely though.

I assume you mean #80 completely removes the haze, not the paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Cam

i think that`s a given

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course. But you can`t set me up like that and not expect a smart-assed comment...

Post Thanks / Like
    i don`t have much experience, this is only my second car with a pc, and these products.

i am assuming you could use it a few times a year safely, but it also depends if the car was ever detailed before. how much clearcoat is left? there are expensive digial gadets that measure this. but i don`t think you have to worry about it, todays finishes from my experience are so hard. you could probrably 80 all day and night for weeks, and still have clear left. i plan on using #80 again in spring after winter.

in my experience, dacp left hazing, i also used megs burgandy cutting pad, which is not recommend for use with the pc by meguries.

#80 is really a nice product. i like the way it works and leaves the finish wet clear and shiny. you will know when #80 is done, it turns clearish and looks very thin, oily looking. if i didn`t use the cutting pad w/dacp, #80 would have removed all hazing.

After #80 i tried some #9, however i found no difference, but the #80 looked more wet. after #80 a good wax or sealant will improve the over all apperience. some use sealant and then wax, with nice results.

if i gave any advice, it would be:

if you use dacp, use meguires yellow polishing, if you have to go over it a few times do it, i tried to speed it up with a burgandy cutting and was left with very little hazing, even after multiple tries with #80. i hear some say use cutting/dacp and then polishing/dacp. i tried this, with no success, the cutting pad will leave some hazing that is pretty deep, to deep for a pc to recover from. i got most of it out with 80 and the car looks so much better. remember i was working on a black car that was neglected for 7-8 years.

i can`t say how this attemp (cutting/dacp) would look on light colors, but i would think you wouldn`t see any hazing. black just shows everything. if your looking to use a cutting pad with dacp you should be using a rotary IMO. but in my case the very little haze left, is probrably much better then me attemping the rotary :xyxthumbs have fun, this black car was a pain in the .........

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Cam

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    good one!

Thread Information