Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How does this compare with P21S? I did some searching but didn`t find much, the name might be to long to give good results.

I believe it was coverd in the Guru report, is that correct?

Any info, experience would be helpful.

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like this product A LOT .On a dark car it gives a great shine with 6-8 weeks durability.The paste is better then the liquid.It may be a little hard to remove if you let it sit for a while.I use the liquidmore then the paste and it works for me just fine.If your car is prepped correctly it gives a dark WET shine .I am not a big fan of P21s I think this 3m is a better product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for info. Why do you use the liquid more if the paste is better? Is the ease of use that much different, while the final results are very close?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a good question.I have no problem working with paste but I have 3 liquid Show Car Wax bottles and just was using it up. A bottle of the liquid goes a long way because when you use it spread it real thin.I also wax my cars every 2 weeks so the liquid is good enough for me.When I am traveling a while and can`t wax when I get home I might might change to paste either /or they are both great products

Post Thanks / Like
    This was my wife`s preferred LSP on her silver Audi for quite a while, but I`ve heard that they changed the formula recently.

The durability seemed to vary from good to so-so and I never did figure out why It gives a nice look (wet, good depth) and is pretty slick. It does not darken the finish appreciably in my experience (identical paint treated with BF/UPP was *much* darker in side-by-side comparisons). Goes on well by PC/Cyclo, wipes off easily enough (but I seem to think everything wipes off easily). But note that these comments refer to the older version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a big fan of P21s I think this 3m is a better product.

I can`t believe this statement. I used to use 3M a lot in the past and P21S kicks its ***!

It has more reflectivity, depth, durability and is a lot easier to use.

I hate to disagree so strongly but this is simply a false statement. Guru Reports backs me up on this as well.

You simply can`t beat a higher content of carnauba and better technology.

The only waxes I have found that keep up with P21S on the carnauba side are the Pinnacle waxes. It destroys #16 and #26 as well which used to be my normal daily waxes in the 90s.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW ...............What makes this board interesting is that everybody has a OPINION!!!! there are a lot of waxes that I like better then P21s for starters .... CMW and TS and PIZZAZ and COLLINITE and NATTIES. Am I wrong and you are right? NO its just my OPINION .GURU REPORTS is a interesting article but with all the cars I take care of I am entitled to my OPINION. One last thing just because it has a HIGHER content of carnuba doesn`t make it better or shinnier wax .I am not a big fan of P21S but that is just me. I never run go off when someone doesn`t like a product that I speak highly of.

Post Thanks / Like
    What makes this board interesting is that everybody has a OPINION!!!!

Fair enough but your opinion is so far out of the mainstream here at least in terms of myself and my pals experience with 3M. 3M is just not a highly regarded wax anymore in my experience. I have lots of experience with these waxes and P21S dominates the 3M product as good as it is.

Maybe I should have been more restrained in my response in hindsight but this comment really surprised me.

Alan, I`m curious as to what areas you find lacking in P21S...

Sorry to be such a big supporter of P21S but it was one of those great products that greatly improved the quality of my work once I discovered it.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    LEE,I can only tell you that IMHO P21S is easy on and easy off and maybe its gives you a deep wet shine OK I will give you that but where is it in durability? Does it give you 6-8 weeks?Look I don`t love every 3M product but the ShowCar Wax works for the dark cars that I use it for.Is there something better hell yes but when I use this product I get some good results.Does P21S out sell 3m?I dont think I was out of the mainstream just voicing my opinion REMEMBER its just auto wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

This was my wife`s preferred LSP on her silver Audi for quite a while, but I`ve heard that they changed the formula recently.

Is this to meet the new regulations?

Eric
    Have you AIO`d today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it give you 6-8 weeks?

I regularly get 2 months durability (or slightly more) out of my P21S applications. There are more durable waxes but this wax is more durable than many and perhaps above average. It`s no Collinite but for a carnauba its very good.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1

Is this [change] to meet the new regulations?

Eric

I imagine so. Given the change I`m gonna generally hold off on saying how great the 3M stuff is/was, but just FWIW/everyone-has-an-opinion I liked the older version of 3M a *lot* better than P21S. The 3M was more durable, stayed slicker and cleaner, and had better depth on silver (especially when applied by Cyclo). The P21s was slightly more reflective, but neither my wife or I liked it very much overall. I bought the P21s as an experiment after hearing so many positive reviews, but I`ll stick with my other LSPs.

Heh heh, I guess I should put my flamesuit on saying stuff like that about P21S, but everyone has their favorites/not. It`s really not like anything is "best" across the board and I didn`t mean to turn this into a P21S-bash.

Too bad they had to change the 3M...this regulatory stuff is why I`ve stocked up on the current versions of Meg`s #16 and Collinite 476S (hint hint).

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you find P21S is a dust attractor?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t find P21S to be a dust attractor at all, in fact just the opposite. I Qd with either Sonus, Pinnacle, or EI Clear Pearl once a week and the surface stays spotless. I get the same result when I don`t QD at all.

I have been trying 3M for ten years now and I have just never liked it since P21S came out. I like it and Pinnacle Paste Glaz a lot better on silver and gold cars.
    Lee

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Originally posted by edschwab1

Is this [change] to meet the new regulations? EOQ

Would someone care to elaborate on what the regulations entail and the repercussions to detailing the ‘New Regulations’ will have?
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information