Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    With all the different products available and all the opinions about which products provide what look combined with which other products, etc. etc. I thought I`d start a thread with a different approach to suit a slightly different audience.

For those of us, myself included, for whom detailing is enjoyable but also a necessary evil and do not wish to spend countless hours on our cars every week or month I thought it would be nice to have some opinions based on how user friendly different products are.

For example, I love Klasse AIO but parked the SG on the shelf because it`s too finicky being removed (I`m looking for a new topper and just got some WG because I read it`s easier to work with than SG). The first thing I noticed when I first used AIO was how easy it was; I was hooked! I`ve recommended it to all my friends who don`t detail but still want to take care of their cars, it`s better for them than any wax they have used hands down.

So post your favorites for ease of use/application, speed of use (i.e. products like leather or glass wipes etc.) low cost, idiot proofness, longevity, etc. and forget for a moment the wet vs. mirror finish, depth, etc. Of course, the idea is not to post about something easy to use but with lousy results, but the stuff that will yield good results easily or cheaply, or seems to last forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 1z polishes are extremely user friendly whether by hand or machine :xyxthumbs
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Bill on Einszett Polishes :up .

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I recommend 1Z polishes to my non-Autopian friends and they love `em. Another user-friendly polish is Meg`s #80 Speed Glaze.

Even though some find it tricky (specifically, hard to buff off), I usually get the same people hooked on Meg`s #16 wax. But Collinite Insulator is another one that people find easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Accum about the #80 Speed Glaze, great stuff (If your using a PC)....Another line of products, well known for user friendliness are Clearkote Vanilla Moose, Moosewax, and QD Quikshine......All usable in the sun too.....!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    i would say poorboy`s EX w/caranuba or EX-P, but they don`t seem to be *that* easy for everyone. but in my limited detailing experience, NXT is pretty darn easy to use. :p
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Color X, NXT, #26 liquid . Mothers cleaner wax , and Reflection. Eagle One Wipe n Shine, and Wax as you dry. Turtle Wax Ultra Platnum Liqued wax and Spray Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    VM + S100 are very easy and produce good results!
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

I agree with Accum about the #80 Speed Glaze, great stuff (If your using a PC)....Another line of products, well known for user friendliness are Clearkote Vanilla Moose, Moosewax, and QD Quikshine......All usable in the sun too.....!

All those plus Carnauba Moose and Poorboy`s too. Stuf Carnauba is pretty easy to use too.

BTW, #80 works very well by hand as well since it breaks down quickly.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    As a newbie for whom ease of use really matters, I like Megs 9, ColorX and UPP.

Megs 16 is the best but it is slightly more difficult to use than the others. Even with obssessive topping, I figure this can will last me years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn`t call any of the products I`ve tried being particularlly unfriendly.. Maybe I`ve lucked out, maybe I don`t know what a really friendly product is :nixweiss

It seems like glass is especially unforgiving as far as streaks and stuff. Stoner`s Invisible Glass gives me great results no matter what material I use with it.. Terry, cheap mf, nice mf, Scott shop towels, etc. I like using it around my apartment too. Much easier than Windex on mirrors and stuff

S100 paste wax is dead simple to use too. Wax on. Wax off.

Post Thanks / Like
    VM I`ve found very user friendly

1Z seems to be pretty user friendly but I hate the packaging of the product.

NXT is a very easy to use wax I think

I just ordered some #80 so we will see how that works out :up

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tropi-Care yellow polish is very user friendly. Very easy to get off and on even by hand.

I also have to give a thumbs up to 1Z Glanz Wax. The can sucks but the product itself is pretty easy to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys EXP is as easy to use as WG, IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

Another vote for ClearKote products :up
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information