Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    After doing a couple of cars with EX and EX-P it always seems that unbuffed spots of product magically appear after a week or day of rain. I got my cousin the VM/EX combo from SMP and we did his Explorer and Jimmy; and both cars within a week had the product appearing everywhere. I helped him with the Explorer but he did the Jimmy on his own. I also did his father`s big Super Duty with 1Z PP+EX, and I noticed tonite spots of EX all over the place. I remember really checking a couple of times with the Super Duty too. This has also happened with my mother`s and aunt`s car. I just want to know if anyone is experiencing this?? I`ve used S100, CMW and WG before and never ran into problems like this. As of now EX and EX-P are "quarentined" from customer`s car, if this residue keeps occuring.

Post Thanks / Like
    After my first use of VM/EX-P I was left with white residue along a number of seams and cracks. I thought I`d done an adequate job of removal at the time, but like you said after the first rain or carwash since the detail the residue magically appeared. And I haven`t been able to get most of it off yet (although I haven`t had a lot of free time recently to work on the cars), its been pretty stubborn.

Still, I`m very impressed with the look I got from the VM/EX-P combo and will still continue use it despite my residue problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m currently testing EX-P along wit 3 other sealants and have noticed this problem as well. I thought I buffed it all off. It looked like I buffed it all off, but alas, still some left.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve applied EX-P 3 or 4 times.I havn`t seen this yet and this is on a dark blue.I`m not using VM under it though and putting it on super thin with a damp Pakshak MF pad.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time I use it, I think i`ll use a finishing pad. But for this product to appear like that is unacceptable for paying customers. I feel a little better i`m not the only one with this problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have not seen this problem, but then again I have a white X. Looking over the vehicle I have not seen it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely had this problem with EX, and it was one of the main reasons I stopped using it. I thought it was just me, and my technique, but it sounds like that`s not the case. Of course, it`s a shame that EX-P does it too, `cause I was hoping to try that out.

Anyone with a dark colored car that hasn`t had this problem? If so, please state your application and removal technique.

When I was using EX, I was applying with a slightly damp (from water, not QD) foam pad and removed it by hand using a MF. I`ve since started using a PC with a finishing pad to apply almost all my LSP`s, but haven`t tried EX again.

John
    2008 Subaru Outback - Obsidian Black Pearl

1997 Acura Integra - Adriatic Blue

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you people referring to the product showing along the seams/cracks of the vehicle or are you referring to just a general area? The reason I ask is although I haven`t used ex or ex-p, I have used pwc. I too noticed some areas that magically appeared, but I suppose it`s possible that I didn`t wipe it off enough. It`s hard to say one way or the other with my situation.

I would ask Steve and see what he says about your problems.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually noticed this recently. I used EX-P for the first time last week, and just noticed today a few spots where it looked like I missed removing the product, even though I was sure I had got it all the first time. I will try putting it on thinner next time, but if this keeps up I will have to go to another product.
    2002 BMW M3

2000 BMW 328i

2000 BMW 323ci

1994 BMW 325is

Post Thanks / Like
    You can add me to the list. I`ve used EX-P on 4 cars and all of them showed powdery residue in the middle of panels after a rain whether its the next day or two weeks out.

When Steve "returns" we`ll have to find out what the deal is.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    III i`m talking about random spots that you would know for a fact you buffed out b4. I have pictures of panels right after the detail, then i looked at the panel last night and saw at least 3 or 4 decent sized unbuffed areas. I just don`t understand why this would be happening, kinda upsets me since I have a almost full bottle of EX-P and just gave a bottle of EX to my cousin as a gift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it was you that asked the same question on DC a couple months ago? And Steve`s reply was that since it goes on clear and dries clear, that it was hard to tell if you had gotten it all off.

Don`t think he really offered an explanation other than we weren`t getting all the sealant off :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had this problem with my own vehicles nor have I noticed it or had it brought to my attention on a customer`s car either.

Just make sure you use thin coats; and yes, I realize on EX-P that isn`t always easy since it is so thick and go over each panel twice when removing. I can`t think of any other reason other than a few spots were missed when removing the excess. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    It happened with me also ... white water spots appeared after car went through rain shower ( Frances :angry ). Two weeks ago I applied EX-P on my car but I misted applicator with water in beginning only. Waited for 60 mins ( although it was 80s F in my garage ) and then wiped it with MF only and elbow grease in some places. I use Handi-grip applicator, so when I was washing the applicator, lot of excess EX-P squeezed out.

So using my instinct and remembering from Scottwax`s posts () - "Son ! apply thin coat " , this time, I misted with water before ever panel, tried to apply thin coats and waited for 10 mins only. Used very less quantity and kept squeezing applicator to make sure there is no excess. First I wiped with terry towel this time and then followed by MF. Guess what no elbow greasing this time. Well rain is predicted next week ( Ivan :angry ), so let see how Ex-P behave this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    weird, i`ve never noticed this problem, and i`ve used both EX and EX-P on different color cars (azure blue, red, metallic grey-blue, dark red).

my method: using the foam applicator from PakShak, dampen it with water, wringe it out the excess water, apply a little glob to one side of the pad, fold the pad in half, apply it to the surface. i try to apply it thin enough that you can barely see it, and if it is on the thicker side, i try to spread it out. i have had instances where i applied it to thickly and after wiping it off a tiny bit would be left, but rewiping that spot one to a few time would remove it. i usually wait between 30-60 minutes or longer, and wipe off with a PakShak ultra-fine MF towel. also, if the foam pad feels like it is drying out, i go and redampen it.

maybe you should post those pictures and maybe someone has experience the same thing and found a solution.
    Reid

2004 Azure Blue Ford Mustang Mach1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information