Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    this is probably the only product that i havent used. Im interested in purchasing them but i havent seen much on them as far as detail jobs. Are there any pros & cons with this product. let me know as much as you can if you`ve used it. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure the polishes are. My biggest con is the fact they contain wax and I have to use alcohol to make sure they got rid of the marring and to ensure 110% that my LSP will bond properly.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z products are my favorite. They are user friendly and durable. Give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man this system seems too confusing. how is their smr compared to Menzerna or Meguiars? When it said its durable how durable are we talking?

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s only 3 1z polishes. There really isnt a smr. What product are you referring to when you say durable? Do you mean the Glanz Wax? A lot less stuff than Megs . Technically Menzerna is pure compounds and polishes used by Mercedes and the Maybach that work best with a rotary .

Post Thanks / Like
    In a little kids voice "I dont know Andriver said it "

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I can clarify this a bit, or else I`ll make it even more confusing

There are three "normal" 1Z polishes, these are in the "consumer line" (smaller rectangular cans) and four in the "Pro line" (larger 1-liter round cans). All can be used by hand, DA/PC/Cyclo, or rotary. All are about as user-friendly as such products get.

All contain wax which will provide some protection even without a LSP but which *might* cause some bonding issues with some LSPs unless you do the alcohol wipe as Bill D does.

The three "consumer" line polishes are:

Ultra/Extra Paint Polish ("UP/EP")- Quite aggressive. Will remove most minor marring even from hard clears. Will almost always leave micromarring unless used by rotary (and even then in many cases). Can be used by hand despite its aggressiveness.

Paint Polish ("PP")- A general-use abrasive polish. Comparable to DACP and SSR2.5, but maybe a little milder. Must be broken down fully to leave a ready-to-wax finish. Often best when followed with a milder product.

Metallic Polish ("MP")- A very mild polish comparable to most "swirl removers" and even comparable to aggressive "cleaner waxes". Will not remove much marring, too mild for that. Used right before (or as) a LSP.

Pro versions:

There are Professional versions of Ultra/Extra and Paint Polish that seem to be the same as the "consumer" versions, but might be just a little thicker. These come in the round, 1-liter cans.

The Pro version of Metallic Polish is notable different from the "consumer" version. Besides smelling more "industrial", it`s thicker, more abrasive (though still quite mild) and has less wax. It seems a little milder than PI-III MG but it`s still not nearly as mild as stuff like P21S GEPC or Pinnacle`s PCL. Not quite as mild as FP either, but I can`t tell an improvement when I use FP after it.

The final "Pro" product is WaxPolish Soft (WPS)- This is like the "consumer" Metallic only with more waxes. The abrasives seem similar to the "consumer" Metallic. Seems sorta heavy on fillers, which 1z calls "concealers". Works well as a final polish before LSPs or can be used *as* a LSP. Some users report the "concealers" last for months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

The Pro version of Metallic Polish is notable different from the "consumer" version. Besides smelling more "industrial", it`s thicker, more abrasive (though still quite mild) and has less wax. It seems a little milder than PI-III MG but it`s still not nearly as mild as stuff like P21S GEPC or Pinnacle`s PCL. Not quite as mild as FP either, but I can`t tell an improvement when I use FP after it.

Accumulator,

He he, I have a question now: Do you think it`s worth getting the Pro MP for Audi Clear?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

Maybe I can clarify this a bit, or else I`ll make it even more confusing

There are three "normal" 1Z polishes, these are in the "consumer line" (smaller rectangular cans) and four in the "Pro line" (larger 1-liter round cans). All can be used by hand, DA/PC/Cyclo, or rotary. All are about as user-friendly as such products get.

All contain wax which will provide some protection even without a LSP but which *might* cause some bonding issues with some LSPs unless you do the alcohol wipe as Bill D does.

The three "consumer" line polishes are:

Ultra/Extra Paint Polish ("UP/EP")- Quite aggressive. Will remove most minor marring even from hard clears. Will almost always leave micromarring unless used by rotary (and even then in many cases). Can be used by hand despite its aggressiveness.

Paint Polish ("PP")- A general-use abrasive polish. Comparable to DACP and SSR2.5, but maybe a little milder. Must be broken down fully to leave a ready-to-wax finish. Often best when followed with a milder product.

Metallic Polish ("MP")- A very mild polish comparable to most "swirl removers" and even comparable to aggressive "cleaner waxes". Will not remove much marring, too mild for that. Used right before (or as) a LSP.

Pro versions:

There are Professional versions of Ultra/Extra and Paint Polish that seem to be the same as the "consumer" versions, but might be just a little thicker. These come in the round, 1-liter cans.

The final "Pro" product is WaxPolish Soft (WPS)- This is like the "consumer" Metallic only with more waxes. The abrasives seem similar to the "consumer" Metallic. Seems sorta heavy on fillers, which 1z calls "concealers". Works well as a final polish before LSPs or can be used *as* a LSP. Some users report the "concealers" last for months.

Now thats a reply thanks guys for the help :scared

Post Thanks / Like
    Several of us here would recommend the 1Z Perls shampoo. This is my favorite in between my staple of P21S shampoo. Perls is very high in lubricity and leaves a terrific finish.

Many think highly of this line.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator, great write up :up .

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used 1Z Tiefenpfleger so far. I have tan vinyl interior. I use it after woolite cleanup and it really brightens the looks and leave behind nice sheen ( like satin) .

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, I left my house for a couple of hours and what a thread!

...Just because I wanted to start an 1Z thread too...

Similar questions: From the Pro line, I wanna buy the "real industrial" stuff (Pasta Intensiv, High Gloss Polish and Wax Finish O.S.; 5 or 1 liter cans for cutting/polishing/glazing), which contain no silicone.

What are the differences? Any experiences with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    :xyxthumbs Accumulator.

I think they have several worth-a-look products outside of the polishes. Check out their website, www.1z-usa.com, for loads more info. I really like the glass products, including the glass cleaner and polish, very good stuff. The Tiefen is excellent also, very good durabliity for exterior trim and tires; it`ll last through 2-3 washes. Two thumbs up to the Perls and Lackfinish too. I like everything I`ve tried but I`ve yet to use the Cockpit Premium, Metal Polish, and the wheel cleaner and tire foam.
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z products are well worth the money.If you have used them you will understand why I say this. The perls car shampoo is one of the best on the market.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information