Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to contemplate my next wax purchase. I currently have S100/P21S and Natty`s, but have tried CMW, Trade Secret, and a couple others.

My results with Trade Secret were that it was pretty easy to apply. It smelled amazing. The look was a very warm, wet glow, that really brought out the metallic flake.

Now, like I said, I have tried it. However, I tried a sample given to me by Jngrbrdman (Thanks Anthony ). I would like to try on other colors, but first I want to make sure I`m making the right decision

Trade Secret users, how would you compare it to other waxes you have used? Pics would be excellent.

AIO/SGx2/WGx2/TS

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve wondered about TOL`s TS and their Pizazz as well
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm....custom-painted grille on that CTS?

Post Thanks / Like
    TS is my go to wax everytime as a topper. I love its ease of use and the deep wet look. My pics are on my other computer, so if I remember I will post them. I find that its look is the best on dark colored cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    That car looks like it`s gonna turn into a Transformer at any second!

I`m trying to figure out why that CTS looks different...

White must be a hard color to work with. Difficult like black, but for different reasons.

I too want to try Top Of The Line wax. The containers look exactly the same as Pinnacle, which makes me wonder...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard that trade secret is suppose to be made by pinnacle and is the same formula as Souveran. I have no idea if this is true or not but that is what I have heard. I have not tried Souveran so I cant compare the two.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can tell you is between TS and SOUVERN they are so close that I can`t tell the difference ITS THAT CLOSE

Post Thanks / Like
    Setec: Yeah. My dad had the grille matched to the paint as well as shaving the front plate/holes and the side bumper makers. Gives a very clean appearance up front. Out back he has the license plate surround painted all diamond white leaving just the reverse light squares clear. Looks great IMO.

SGx2, WGx1

As far as the TS, I have also heard it is extremely similar to Souveran. I think I am gonna order some and compare it to Deanski`s Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow sounds like P21s/S100 :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

Setec: Yeah. My dad had the grille matched to the paint...

CTS`s are great looking cars except for the cheap looking plastic gray grille that`s on all of them (the only color that looks good with is gray).

Post Thanks / Like
    I emailed TOL today to see if I could get some insight on the TS/Souveran question.

Here is my email and the reply:

"I have heard a rumor floating around some of the detailing forums that Trade Secret is VERY similar to Pinnacle Souveran (maybe even the exact same ). Can you all shed any light on the subject?"

"Zane, they are indeed very similar, but are definitely different formulas. In fact, these waxes are very similar to the P21S waxes. If you get right down to it, all of these waxes are applied in the same manner, and produce very similar results! The big differences are usually with the user. Everyone has their favorite."

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

Need the Souveran? Let me know and I`ll run it up to you!:xyxthumbs

If it`s going on a dark finish like close to black then Souveran really shows it`s worth. Even when I did the side-by-side on detail day between Souveran and Nattys, it just was not that great big difference you would think. Nattys seems more clear and Souveran seems to darken black and other dark colors more so than other waxes.

BTW, this rain from Frances BLOWS!:p

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crap! My list never ends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I barely use wax on customer`s vehicles (I advertise sealants), I think I am ok with Natty`s and S100.

I just wonder if there is gain from using TS or Souveran on red compared to Natty`s, S100.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wonder if there is gain from using TS or Souveran on red compared to Natty`s, S100.
    Sean

You should now that answer:p

The side-by-side I did during Poorboy`s Detail day was not the earth shattering effect people were expecting. The Natty`s looked a bit more clear than Souveran.

For the $15.00 jar of Natty`s, it`s one hell of a bargin! Souveran at close to $70.00 or $54 on sale is just way too much to pay for wax! Sure, they say it looks best on reds... So does Natty`s. Black on the other hand Souveran does have an edge. But, ask yourself, is it worth upwards of $70.00?

So far Natty`s seems to work well for me. So does S100. On your red Acura Natty`s or S100 over the EX-P s just wet/deep and very reflective due to the EX-P showing through the clear waxes.

You`re welcome to play with my can of Souveran so you can see for yourself. :xyxthumbs

Let me know.

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information