Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used a Carnauba wax in years, since about.. 99 early 00. I had used some Zymol Carbon I believe it was, prior to Klasse and Zaino.

I have had an unused, unopened can of OG Blitz Wax in my supply closet forever - I got it cheap with a promotional code from the now defunct motorhead.com (or something like that).

Something sparked today with me that hadn`t in a while. I decided on a whim and without much hesitation to wash my moms Mercedec E320 class Wagon (big ride).

So, the usual wash goes by. Meguiars NXT wash, sheepskin mitts, two bucket method yada yada.

I get done drying and decide to slap on some protectant and for whatever reason I grabbed for the OG Blitz Wax. Well, I decided to do the hood first, so I rubbed my foam meguiars app into the blitz can and got the applicator bottom saturated in wax and went to work. Boy, this stuff was going on smooth as butter. I then let it haze up a little bit and buff off, which went exceptionally well except for a few areas I had to go over again probably due to using too much wax.

I then proceded to do the "above belt line" panels, so I did the fender flares and the rest of the front quarter panels, the doors above the rub strip lines, and the roof.

I stood back in awe of the carnauba glow that I hadn`t seen on a car I`ve detailed in quite a while (by this time it was dark, so the light used to gauge the glow was garage lighting).

I must say, it`s almost envigorating to try something new (again) after you shelved it many years ago. My mother sure appreciates it, I know that much.

Anyway, this was meant to be a quick note on a product long forgotten (for me anyway).

-R

Post Thanks / Like
    A good carnauba that`s well applied on a well painted surface is something to behold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mindflux

I haven`t used a Carnauba wax in years, since about.. 99 early 00. I had used some Zymol Carbon I believe it was, prior to Klasse and Zaino.

I have had an unused, unopened can of OG Blitz Wax in my supply closet forever - I got it cheap with a promotional code from the now defunct motorhead.com (or something like that).

Something sparked today with me that hadn`t in a while. I decided on a whim and without much hesitation to wash my moms Mercedec E320 class Wagon (big ride).

So, the usual wash goes by. Meguiars NXT wash, sheepskin mitts, two bucket method yada yada.

I get done drying and decide to slap on some protectant and for whatever reason I grabbed for the OG Blitz Wax. Well, I decided to do the hood first, so I rubbed my foam meguiars app into the blitz can and got the applicator bottom saturated in wax and went to work. Boy, this stuff was going on smooth as butter. I then let it haze up a little bit and buff off, which went exceptionally well except for a few areas I had to go over again probably due to using too much wax.

I then proceded to do the "above belt line" panels, so I did the fender flares and the rest of the front quarter panels, the doors above the rub strip lines, and the roof.

I stood back in awe of the carnauba glow that I hadn`t seen on a car I`ve detailed in quite a while (by this time it was dark, so the light used to gauge the glow was garage lighting).

I must say, it`s almost envigorating to try something new (again) after you shelved it many years ago. My mother sure appreciates it, I know that much.

Anyway, this was meant to be a quick note on a product long forgotten (for me anyway).

-R

Nothing applys and removes like a good carunuba, theres just something about it. As blissful as Blitz`s application is, the funny thing is, is its one of the "tougher" to deal with `nubas.

Its like its theraputic!

Post Thanks / Like
    As much as I really like products like EX-P, Wolfgang and a few others, nothing seems to give off that wet glow like a quality carnauba!

BTW, isn`t this thread missing something?
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, you know for awhile there I thought I was the only one that knew of the real qualities of a pure carnauba wax. You only need to see the shine of a well applied and stretched coat of fresh wax.........see its midnight and already I want to go outside and wax!

BTW: Speaking of Zymol, whether you love it or hate it.........try on a fresh coat of one of the estate waxes......................

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO (x2)

Klasse SG (x2)

P21S

Inside the detailing bay:

Outside at a show:

Original paint...just excellent products. Thanks to Chris at www.eshine.ca for recommending the right combination. The carnuba changed the look of the car significantly. I have used both Megs #16 and P21S and appreciate them both equally.

~Darren
    1989 Trans-Am GTA [Red, Showroom Mint]

1992 Mustang 5.0 Coupe- [Black, Mint and DONE]

2000 Vortech`d Mustang GT-[Show `n` Go Car]

2014 Explorer Sport- [Black Metallic, Twin Turbo]

Post Thanks / Like
    One can not beat the therapy of using a high quality carnauba. Brings back those teenage memories of waxing my VW under a shade tree and wondering what speed part I could buy to make it go faster. Carnaubas today are like driving one of my 60`s Chevys Muscle Cars, good for a ride once in a while but I could never see using either on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to use a carnauba paste wax...a true hard cake. It feels substanial, like your really accomplishing something...and as you all have said...the glow and depth is great.

A tip I have learned with a true hard cake application is to dampen the pad with an instant detailer, rather than water. It seems to make the product spread very well and seems to aid in buffing.
    If it stands still....wax it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr. Chemist

A tip I have learned with a true hard cake application is to dampen the pad with an instant detailer, rather than water. It seems to make the product spread very well and seems to aid in buffing.

I`ve used this technique often lately. Wetting my applicator with a QD helps me to spread thin, even coats of wax:xyxthumbs
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah...I use my fingers! You have to connect with the wax in order to get the total feel of the moment......

Ok, but all seriousness, the real killer with carnauba is with the final buff-down, and you can have your choice of either a detail spray or water and an excellent buff towel. Its now 11:39 pm and I want to go outside (again) and wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my contribution.. s100 paste wax. Feels like greasy oil when you apply it and it gives me the wet look.

Thread Information