Thread: Mike: APC+ Q.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a bottle of APC+ for a while now, in a 4:1 dilution, which I think I`ll dilute down more, I don`t use the 4:1 ratio.

I wanted to use the stuff to spray down my seats and scrub them to clean them up. The bottle recommends 20:1 dilutions, will this be safe? I have a nice set of Recaro seats (factory) in my car, and I`d rather not ruin them, or the carpet (or any part of my car with APC+). It smells rather.... chemical-like.

Am I overreacting? Please advise!

-Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux, I`m (obviously!) not Mike, but I do use APC+ a lot. I`m not familiar with Recaro, but I`ve happily and successfully used APC on my car. I just follow the recommended dilutions. 4:1 on wheels/tires, 12:1 on carpet/fabric are my most common applications, and they`ve worked fine.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ryan,

Sorry I didn`t get back to you sooner on this, I was out all day yesterday working with a team of people to detail a couple of cars.

All Purpose Cleaner Plus is an excellent fabric cleaner. You should use it at the recommended dilution for cleaning fabric and, most important, whenever you`re cleaning fabric, upholstery, or carpet with a any cleaner, Meguiar`s or someone else`s, it`s a very good idea to test the product first in an inconspicuous area before applying the product to the entire surface.

This will enable you to see the results of the product, the effectiveness of the product and the colorfastness of the material.

Recommended dilution levels for cleaning fabric are as follows:

Carpet Cleaning 12:1

Cloth Upholstery 20:1

Hope this helps...

Mike

Also test

Thread Information