Post Thanks / Like
    I recently purchased the Meguiar`s battery powered portable as an additional tool in the detailing armory. WHAT A GREAT HANDY ITEM it`s turned out to be. It`s not designed to be a replacement for the great Porter Cable in polish applications, but where it shines is wax application, final buffing with an mf bonnet, and use in pita areas.

For instance: I used it to apply NXT to my wife`s dreaded suv. Prior to that, it was: get ladder, get extension cord, drape cord over shoulder, apply, move ladder, drape cord again, apply....you all know that drill.

With the portable Meg`s product, get ladder, apply, move ladder apply. Definitely makes short work of the tedium of suv roof`s. Another area for me (must be getting old/lazy in my 60 years) is wax appling in the rocker panel area and lower body panels. The Meg`s unit makes that quick and easy.

Finally, Meguiar`s really has a nice package: Orbital, 2 batteries, charger, 8006 pad, nice nylon bag with their logo, nice pockets sewn in...all-in-all I think I got my $$ worth on this product.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    How much? And where did you get it?

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    dboat: I ordered it from Meguiar`s via phone. I had a gift certificate and used it against the order. Meguiar`s threw in one of their black Car Crazy t-shirts too! Nice folks to deal with. The buffer lists for $89.95. You might call their 800 line and see if they will wheel-n-deal though.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: In Canada there`s a similar one at Canadian Tire. Used to be around $60 or $70 Cdn. They look like they`re made by the same manufacturer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by YouGottaBeLeaf

FYI: In Canada there`s a similar one at Canadian Tire. Used to be around $60 or $70 Cdn. They look like they`re made by the same manufacturer.

Could be...I`m sure Meguiar`s labels & packages products which are similar (they sell the Porter Cable stuff under their banner).

But, with the Meg`s unit, you get 2 batteries, charger, buffer, 8006 pad, velcro backing plate, carry bag.

Plus, their customer service is excellent.
    2003 Mustang Mach 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Totoland Mach

Finally, Meguiar`s really has a nice package: Orbital, 2 batteries, charger, 8006 pad, nice nylon bag with their logo, nice pockets sewn in...all-in-all I think I got my $$ worth on this product.

I got one of these about a year ago. It works OK, but obviously not as well as a higher speed PC. I agree it`s worth the money for specific uses.

Thread Information