Thread: Griots

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone checked out the products from Griots Garage? A friend of mine uses their detailing products and says it`s pretty good.

griotsgarage.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Products are good but extremely over priced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used their interior cleaner with very good results. I`ve also used thier rubber cleaner with good results. I would buy either product again. Griot`s name is pretty good in detailing and their unconditional guarantee is easy on the mind. I`ve heard that their polishes and waxes are easy to beat for the money, but haven`t had experience with them personally.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

There are a few of the contributing members to this board (including me) who use Groit’s products and an unequal amount will knock them over price.

I’ve used their product s for about eight years and 99% of their products do what they say they will. There customer service is second to none (including (rare) product/delivery problem resolution) there are many re-seller’s that could learn valuable lessons from Richard on customer service which is equal to or better than Sal (of Zanio Bros.)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend uses Griot`s polish and wax on his red 93 Supra and it looks great. I would actually like to try their polish to see if it gets swirl marks off of my car. Currently Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish isn`t working too good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Griot`s stuff since the early `90s, before he became a big outfit. Other than their current polishes (generally too mild, not too user-friendly) and their waxes (there`s other stuff I like a lot better), GG products are good (if expensive).

There *are* a few of their products you need to watch out for, though. I suggest you check here before ordering as many of us have extensive experience with GG stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve purchased from Griot`s for years. Lots of stuff. It`s true you should watch prices and can often find the same product elsewhere for less. A few of the car chemicals are very good and they do offer an impressive array of car products.

Their chemicals, in the gallon size, are very good values...specifically car wash and wheel cleaner.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all there products and I think there customer service is second to none but there BEST IN SHOW CARNUBA WAX is really hard to take off your car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality products and an interesting catalog.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Griots for some things but I agree that pricing is outrageous. His Porter Cables sell for $200!!!

I have found better quality and prices at Autopia for general goods and PakShak for MF.

I have tried their Best in Show wax on my prior car and was really disappointed. Both their liquid and paste waxes are terrible.

In spite of this I kinda admire Richard as an early car care entreprenuer. The catalog that is a good read.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure that I have a lot to add to what has already been said. They are pricey, their products are good and the Best of Show Wax is a bugger to take off. The products deliver as advertised and I love their wheel well treatment, it`s great. I don`t buy hardware from them, I can find the equivalent for less money.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that all of their car care chemicals/products have performed exactly as advertised. Their Interior Cleaner, Vinyl/Rubber Cleaner, Car Wash, Wheel Cleaner, and Machine Polishes have all done a great job for me. Others here rag on their polishes, but I`ve always gotten great results using them.

As far as buying hardware, yes their prices are higher, but the no-question guarantee is certainly reassuring to have. My wife bought me the Porter Cable polisher from the catalog about 8 years ago. Since then I`ve worn the velcro off of two backing plates (and have almost killed the third). Each time, I simply call Griot`s Garage, and they send a new one. No questions.

Pricey? Yes, for some things.

Great service & stand behind the products they sell? Absolutely.

2000 Volvo S80</p>

2006 Nissan Murano</p>

2011 BMW 328i</p>

2014 Mercedes E350

Thread Information