Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poorboy`s EX-P

Post Thanks / Like
    With my last order from Poorboy I ended up getting a quart of his EX-P since I`ve heard so much about it. I have to say, it`s one of the easiest waxes to buff off that I have EVER used. It`s simply amazing. For those who have used P21S or S100, it`s even easier than those waxes!

So far I`ve applied it to vehicles using a hand applicator, a folded up microfiber towel (forgot applicators at home), and with my DeWalt RO.

It is definately the easiest with the Orbital and you use the least amount of product. You can get a coating on a panel with only a few drops on the pad. Taking it off is just one quick pass with the microfiber towel.

I`ve also used it on a vehicle in the full sun. I was doing it by hand (should have used the PC) and the hardest part was spreading it on the paint before it dried. Even in the full sun it buffed off so easily. You could also see the difference where you waxed and where you didn`t.

The other day I showed some friends of mine who just use off the shelf products and their jaws just hit the ground when they saw how little you could use and how easy it was to take off. It`s fun to know where to get the good chemicals.

I don`t have any clue on durability yet but I can imagine it`ll be pretty good since it is a synthetic and PB has quality products. I don`t even have a coat of it on my own vehicle yet. Whenever I have time it`s always pouring down rain. Perhaps tomorrow I`ll try again or do it at night w/ flood lights like I use to do.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also like to use it on my windows - works great IMO

Eric
    If winners never quit, and quitters never win, then people who never quit and never win are just plain idiots :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems to be holding up well. I`ve had it on my car about 2 months now and we`ve had something like 18-21 days of rain this month (depending on which weatherman you are listening to) and I have washed my car once in June and even after rain every single day since Friday, my car is still beading very well and looks pretty good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    EX-P is one amazing sealant. Everything I have tried by Poorboy`s has been excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have had EX-P on my car just over a month now and it has been raining heaps lately and it still beads like mad and still has the `oil` look to it, top stuff :up

Post Thanks / Like
    When you apply with rotary and a finishing pad, do you use and qd to lube it up?
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ncal

EX-P is one amazing sealant. Everything I have tried by Poorboy`s has been excellent.

couldnt have said it better myself :xyxthumbs
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love EX-P as well. Its an awesome sealant and leaves a fantastic shine. I am not sure it is as easy to remove as P21S or S100. I have applied it both with a PC and by hand. I feel doing it by hand is easier since I can put less product on the finish.

I noticed less product=less dusting for me.

I just put EX-P x 2 on my F150 and plan on trying S100 as a topper.

EX-P=
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlueRanger

When you apply with rotary and a finishing pad, do you use and qd to lube it up?

RO = Random Orbital

This catches me out sometimes too. :wavey

I love EX-P and all of PB`s products that I have used. :xyxthumbs

Presently have EX-P over Zaino using very light application by hand. I am using Z6 as the QD with excellent results.

Has anyone notice that EX-P attracts very, very, very, very little dust?

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Has anyone notice that EX-P attracts very, very, very, very little dust?

I hope this is the case. My EX-P arrived today ( also WG and SSR2.5 ) and as much as I love Souveran, by lord it attracts dust from miles around like a vaccuum! The carpark where I work is quite open and breezy, consequently mine gets quite dusty over a week.

Oh and BTW, love the bubblegum smell of the SSR2.5! :xyxthumbs
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, me too on the SSR 2.5 smell, kind of grape bubble gum.

I tested a small section of the fender by hand with 2.5. Did a good job, ready to wax result. Can`t wait to try it with my RO-ZILLA!

Since I hate to wait, I tested the EX-P over WG on my SC430. I did a quick QD with Megs new Last Touch and applied the EX-P. Didn`t wait long to take it off.. impatient you know.. with a nice ExcelDetail MF I`m trying (yea, one dozen of them) and it wiped off no problem.

Nice look, kind of reverse WG/Souveran look. Bright and deep.

You`re right about Souveran! Damn back of these SC430`s is like a dust/dirt vacuum! Always have dust between what they call a spoiler and the trunk edge. No wonder I have cobwebbing/micro-marring back there! Doesn`t help that the MF`s add to the static, so I ground the car`s finish to dissipate the charge.

You`ll like the SSR 2.5 and the EX-P. Not nearly as much dust!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have long term experience with EX-P?

I am looking for a sealant that will last 6+ months like Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ZaneO

Does anyone have long term experience with EX-P?

I am looking for a sealant that will last 6+ months like Zaino.

Long-term is relative. :nixweiss

For me 2 months is extremely long-term between waxing. My EX-P has definitely lasted and performed great for this time period on my silver daily driver. Even my Zaino`d vehicles get waxed that often (every 1-2 months). Why? I believe most finishes require some TLC (cleansing AIO, P21S, VM, etc) (IMO) every 1- 2 months to keep the sharp edge or "next-level" appearance I desire.

EX-P, like Zaino, WG and AIO, are so easy to apply why wait 6 months?. My reason for using Zaino on my father`s car is because I only get to see my parents every 6-9 months. If I lived closer (750 miles away presently) I would detail more often and still use Zaino because I love the look on his champagne metallic. EX-P may last six months but none of my vehicles will ever know.

Just curious why you need 6 months of protection. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

EX-P, like Zaino, WG and AIO, are so easy to apply why wait 6 months?. My reason for using Zaino on my father`s car is because I only get to see my parents every 6-9 months. If I lived closer (750 miles away presently) I would detail more often and still use Zaino because I love the look on his champagne metallic. EX-P may last six months but none of my vehicles will ever know.

Just curious why you need 6 months of protection. :wavey

Why is it whenever someone mentions durability you believe they need to justify it to you? It`s rather ironic, given the fact you gave a reason why you yourself require 6-9 months protection on your Dad`s vehicle.

If durability doesn`t matter to you, fine. We get it, we`ve heard it 1500 times, you don`t care about durability. That doesn`t mean it doesn`t matter to others, and they don`t need to justify thier reasons for it to you or anyone else.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I asked in satire was because this thread was about EX-P. Zane had a legimate question about EX-P`s durability but like so many Zaino users could not help but leave a tiny little plug or dig at the discussed product buried as a question. :shocked

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information