Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to enter a car into a concours as a form of advertising for my new business and I`m thinking about getting PS because on here it seems to be the best but at $60 for an 8oz jar is it really worth it?

Could I get the same results for one day with a $15 bottle of #81 hand polish? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a look at S100/P21S paste wax. It`s the next best wax below Souveran, and costs alot less. P21S and S100 are the same wax, except P21S is sold at car shops, while S100 is sold at harley davidson shops. The only difference is the writing on the container. P21S = $30-32, S100 = $14.95.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the liquid versionand I absolutely love it! I don`t know how much better the paste is, but for the money I think I will stick with the Liquid version!
    1969 Fastback 351W

2002 F150 S Crew

1996 Saturn SL1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Souveran and S100 and have used pure carnaubas from various mfrs. No question Souveran is a real nice carnauba wax but is it worth the large price premium over all the others? Ummmm....no IMO. But if you want to splurge there`s no harm in it. I`d consider it more a personal treat than a business tool, but that`s just me.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    What color is your car? Souveran is best on black, red and other dark colors, but still looks great on anything.

Concours is pretty rough...hope you are ready.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

I have Souveran and S100 and have used pure carnaubas from various mfrs. No question Souveran is a real nice carnauba wax but is it worth the large price premium over all the others? Ummmm....no IMO. But if you want to splurge there`s no harm in it. I`d consider it more a personal treat than a business tool, but that`s just me.
    Agreed. Souveran is a quality beauty wax and is a real pleasure to use. Its great for those with less limits on their budget, that want to spoil themselves. It tends to give many people that warm fuzzy feeling, just using it.

For concours it may add that edge that youre looking for. For business, it wouldnt be very cost effective and most likely under appreciated by most clients. I love it, but Im not convinced its price is justified.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want that extra 5% depth and wetness at about 4 times the cost of S100, then it is worth it. I do keep a jar on hand because I have high end customers who want me to use the most expensive good wax I can find. Souveran is expensive but it is also very, very good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    NBS said it before I did.

I don`t care for S100, personally. It has too much reflection compared to Souveran, IMO. But that`s just me. I`d use it on whites and silvers without looking back.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep an eye out..... It goes on sale at a pretty good price every once in a while.

Yeah, it`s some pretty nice stuff!
    Be Nice

Post Thanks / Like
    It tends to give many people that warm fuzzy feeling, just using it.

Well said, sir. :up

The darn thing smells very good. To tell you the truth,

I cannot really tell the difference in depth between this

and NXT/UUP/S100/EX-P/Z2 (I think it has more depth than

Z2 but that is probably just plecebo effect).

But I do agree that it is less "bright" compared to S100 - which is not a bad thing - just different.

I got it on sale for $50 shipped.

(the o-ring seal thingie alone is worth the price of admission. )

This is equivalent to foregoing McDonald lunches for 10 days.

(yes, I am a fastfood junkie. )

For us weekend warrior, a can will probably last 2 - 3 years.

Not bad...

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you have the eye for it, it is better.

I`m not sure the general public, including `Car Crazy types`, will see a difference.

I see it on black and red, but...

You get to make the call!

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Last year I used Souveran over AIO and it popped the eyes out of my fellow Lightning club owners. Doing my truck and a couple of others, I must have gotten about 15 applications out of a jar - and in retrospect I think I may have been laying it down too heavily. If you are not aware a Lightning is a regular cab F150, with ground effects (in addition to significant go-fast goodies, from the factory) Mine also has an ARE hard tonneau over the bed, so there is lots of paint being waxed. What do you drive? If small, perhaps you can get upwards of 30 applicaions when applied thin......

<----- Look at that Souveran shine!

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It completely and totally made me smile like a baby in a candy store... Im still amazed at what this stuff did to my Black SS.. Ive never seen anything like it , and Ive tried a boatload of carnuba`s.

Just my honest opinion. But day-um is it expensive !!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, love this stuff!

First topped my red SC430 that had Zaino on it with Souveran and BIG difference! Deeper, wetter, darker!

Then, after Wolfgang, did same thing and VERY DEEP WET look.

Now, let neighbor who is also a Zaino-head with his black Z06 Vette try to top it with Souveran. A little arm twisting and he was just floored! He went right back inside his house to order some he was so impressed on the deep wet look on Zaino! Now his wife has my can of Souveran and will do the Boxter and `Benz SUV, both dark blue with it after washing with the 1Z Perls I gave them to play with too!

Damn I feel like a pusher! That`s why they call me Dr. Shine!

Regards,

Deanski
    DR SHINE
    Swanky Shine (tm)
    What`s in YOUR garage? 997 Carrera S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it and haven`t used it that much. Maybe put it on my car for 2 applications. I don`t have anything against it and I am glad I have it, but I wouldn`t be able to justify the price again to myself. I have so many waxes and sealants that most of them get used only a couple of times before I move on. I am one of the types who likes for his car to look awesome all the time, but really doesn`t enjoy putting wax on in a hot garage in the summer or cold in the winter. I like being able to put on some Zaino, wash it once a week, QD it, and be happy. Souveran attracts so much dust that I just get frustrated because it constantly needs washing because its gets so dusty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information