Post Thanks / Like
    im wanting to purchase some sealants but whats the difference between a polymer synthetic like NXT and Pure sealant Like EX-P can anyone explain...thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    use what looks best to you.....

kind of on topic, i wonder what the research/development costs were for NXT......they call it an engineered synthetic(vs. natural) polymer....

you can do funny things to molecules.....and vice versa.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I think EX-P is a ploymer sealant as well, jut no cleaner as does NXT

Post Thanks / Like
    gee, thats too bad cuz i think it helps make the polymers get a better seal to a clean surface

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s what I polish for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most sealants contain "Cross Linked Polymers and Fluorinated Hydrocarbons" Whatever the hell that is. A sealant such as Meguiars Wet Look Polymer Sealant may contain that but is no comparison to what I and some of you guys here use.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh its my chem final all over again. ive already forgotten all of this (chem final was 4 days ago)... hydrocarbons is a carbon with 4 hydrogens attached to it i think. technically, i would think that the synthetic would be better than the pure, just because of the fact that its synthetic (made in labs). just to make sorta an analogy, i believe synthetic rubber is A LOT stronger than natural rubber. the only problem is, were dealing with sealants, not rubber. now i cant think of what a polymer was. something like the opposite of the monomer... you should ask chris y., hes a real organic chemist
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    A hydrocarbon is any organic compound that contains only hydrogen and oxygen. The amount of each in the molecule determines what it is. Our most commonly known hydrocarbon today is petroleum and natural gas.

A polymer is is any substance composed of multiple monomers, or macromolecules. There are natural polymers like cellulose and rubber and there are also synthetic ones like plastics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6`][`9

im wanting to purchase some sealants but whats the difference between a polymer synthetic like NXT and Pure sealant Like EX-P can anyone explain...thanks
    It`s just marketing hype.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how everyone calls it something different. In fact all of these Polymer Sealants are synthetic blends of products found in nature or something like that LOL...

When they use the words "Pure Polymer" compared to Synthetic Polymer, all they are doing is saying out of 100 parts=100%, that sealant is 90% or better polymer and not mixed with inert ingredients or cleaners, solvents Etc.............while others just refer to the main ingredient which happens to be synthetic.

If you want my advice, I have used almost every brand the guys in here have raved about... some were good, some not, and some about the same. The best one I have ever used to date is the A-UV. (amino-uv) which according to their website is made of amino-functional polymers and has uv protection.

Over all, slickest finish i have had, lasts a long time, and great shine factor.... several months in, it still shines, is slick and beads really well.....

heres the site: http://www.amino-uv.com/lpw.html

:xyxthumbs

Thread Information