Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for what people think about the Carpet Scrub Brush for the PC. I havent been able to find much about it in other posts.

I was wondering if it really is that much better than doing it by hand? and if there are any dangers to using it in one spot for too long/using it a too high of a speed. I thought that it could rip out fibers if either of these were done. Probably not, but I`m not sure.

Thanks for any replies!

Post Thanks / Like
    How would you compare it to the Black and Decker Scumbuster, besides the movement being different obvioulsy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlackRegal

I have it and I like it.

I wouldn`t say that it does a "better" job than scrubbing by hand, but it will definitely save your arms & fingers some wear and tear. For the $13, I`m glad I have it when I`m doing a van or a SUV. Keep in mind you`ll still have to go back in hit a few areas by hand anyway since the PC isn`t going to fit into every nook & crannie.

I`ve used mine with the speed set on six sitting in one spot for 5 or so seconds with no damage to the carpet... but carpet materials differ from car to car, so I can`t say that the fact it caused no damage on a Toyota means that it won`t cause any damage on a Kia. My only complaint with running it at higher speeds is that it splatters cleaner everywhere, so I usually try to keep the speed around 4 or so.
    ^^^^exactly what he said
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will stick with the scumbuster simply because it is more compact in size and cordless. Maybe if I was detailing a minivan and had pulled out all the seats (which is the only right way to clean the carpet in one) then I would prefer the PC with attachment (which I need to order just in case!).

If you use the scumbuster, make sure you pick up one of the gold batteries. Much longer running and noticably more power.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

I think I will stick with the scumbuster simply because it is more compact in size and cordless. Maybe if I was detailing a minivan and had pulled out all the seats (which is the only right way to clean the carpet in one) then I would prefer the PC with attachment (which I need to order just in case!).

If you use the scumbuster, make sure you pick up one of the gold batteries. Much longer running and noticably more power.

Not to hijack the thread, I picked up that puppy based on your recommendation. I have to say I am a tad disapointed. Nothing beats a good brush and elbow grease for floor mats and carpeting. I dont get the "oomph" I need.

However, I find it nice for cloth seats when sprayed with a foam cleaner.
    Seth

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What Scottwax said.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Not to hijack the thread, I picked up that puppy based on your recommendation. I have to say I am a tad disapointed. Nothing beats a good brush and elbow grease for floor mats and carpeting. I dont get the "oomph" I need.

However, I find it nice for cloth seats when sprayed with a foam cleaner.

Are you using the silver battery it came with or do you also have a gold battery? There is a definite improvement in torque when bearing down if you use the gold battery. Ovbiously, you can bear down real hard with just a scrub brush since there is no motor to bog, but I find the scumbuster with a gold battery to be a great tool.

If it isn`t strong enough and you have a PC, then I am sure the carpet attachment and PC would be more than strong enough to really scrub the carpet.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can you find the carpet attachment for the pc?
    2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V

Blackout, Nismo Intake, Eibach Prokits, Megan Racing Exhaust, DC Sports Race Header

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the white brush, and I`ve found it to be very handy. It really takes a lot of work out of shampooing. It`ll make a mess if you use a foaming cleaner, though. Lately, I`ve been spraying the whole carpet with a light mist of prespot, agitating with the PC on 6 (if you use too much prespot, you WILL know ), and then extract with a LGCM and hot water/Zep extractor shampoo (available at home depot, I love the stuff, its better than Bissell at less than half the price).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I wondered about this too when I ordered my cyclo last week. I didn`t know if the brushes would be worth it, but went with the package with them just so I wouldn`t go "I wonder." Not really sure if it will be better than regular scrubbing, and i`m sure it can`t get into many places. However, the main problem I have had is cleaning car mats, which are usually dirtier than the carpet intside a car. So I can imagine it will help out a deal here. I should have a comprehensive review of that machine up by...........the end of summer. heh

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a great machine. You will definetly not regret it. I haven`t touched my PC, with the exception of shampooing carpets, since I got the Cyclo.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information