Post Thanks / Like
    I just made an interesting observation about NXT products...

I`ve had major smearing with NXT, even when applied lightly, but others haven`t. Some people get real muddying of pearls and metallics, but some don`t. Some people love the smell, some really don`t.

Well I used up my bottle of NXT Tech protectant and really like it, so I bought another. To my surprise the second bottle is...completely different! Its the same color but its much waterier and thinner, doesn`t spread as well and smells very different, more Jujubees and less lime. It even froths up when using a tire swipe whereas the first bottle was very thick.

Could it be that these products aren`t very uniform between batches and thats why we`re all so polarized about them? I haven`t seen any other Tech Wax to compare to mine, they`re always sold out. Using the second bottle of the Tech protectant was like using a completely different product...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi GoodnClean,

To date, I have never heard of this difference in batches. It could be possible, but I`m pretty sure quality control at the manufacturing plant is top rate.

If you like, call customer care at 1-800-347-5700 and they`ll take care of you.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve come to terms with my jujube prejudices. It`s the lime that annoys me.

Post Thanks / Like
    GoodnClean,

Is it possible that maybe you got hold of a bad bottle? I would imagine that a lot of the NXT products that are sitting on store shelves right now were probably shipped in the dead of winter. Could be something happened and it got frozen during shipment or maybe at the jobber`s warehouse? From your description of your bottle of NXT Tech Protectant, it sounds like it was frozen at some point.

On the smearing with NXT Tech Wax how long are you leaving it on before you wipe it off? Typically it is about 15 minutes but, I usually do the swipe test because if it is humid or if you put too much on the cure time can be longer. Just for giggles try leaving it on for about an hour before you wipe it off and see if that helps?

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT Protectant that I`ve been using is really thick. The suggestion above about it being frozen and thawed seems logical. And then again????
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    My NXT Protectant is quite thin. That`s why I traded up to #38 for my exterior trim and am using the remaining NXT on interior, under-hood, weather-stripping, and wheel well touch ups.

Megs customer service was A+++ when I e-mailed them about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT Protectant that I`ve been using is really thick. The suggestion above about it being frozen and thawed seems logical. And then again????
    We dont have to worry about any of that in Calif, at usually any time of the yr, luckily....(neaner, neaner, neaner!)

Isnt Megs made in Calif? Why do i have to wait for my Megs products to arrive from Tennesee???
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

We dont have to worry about any of that in Calif, at usually any time of the yr, luckily....(neaner, neaner, neaner!)

Isnt Megs made in Calif? Why do i have to wait for my Megs products to arrive from Tennesee???

Manufacturing is in Tennessee

Mike

p.s.

(Tennessee is centrally located for shipping reasons)

Post Thanks / Like
    So far I have done the following in temps from 40 to 70 F and all were applied with a cheapo cordless and left on for a 10 Min coffee break after the last panel was done and all removed with a MF on a PC or by hand with no streaking/ smearing. No muddying seen either.

1) Blue Cavallier

2) Silver Cavallier

3) Burgundy single stage S-10

4) Burgundy Chrysler

5) Red Jetta

BTW I used the ColorX an a badly oxidized Malibu and it came out great .. followed by NXT

The Blue Cavallier was done on 10 March and all since then are still glossy and beading.. the only one that is showing some degrading is the S-10 and it was only 3 weeks but I have done this one many times and nothing seems to do it.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried leaving it on for over an hour with no difference, maybe I did just get a bad bottle...

Thread Information