Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony- Good post :xyxthumbs . Sorta funny how much more effective it can be, compared to a PC, huh?

Heh heh, did you pick all the velcro slubs out of the white pads before you used them?

Aqua- The Cyclo is *so* versatile...you really oughta start exploring its various capabilities

Post Thanks / Like
    Good work Anthony. I really don`t think anyone can do a better job at disproving Buda`s *expert* claims than you can!

You and Joed (& Accumulator) are really making me want to move on from my PC to the Cyclo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in too, Tony! My next machine will probably be a Cyclo too.

BTW, love the sig!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Nice work and thanks for the step by step process, including pads and polishes. Very helpful!

How much quicker will the process go using your rotary for the rest?

BTW, you did give the owner a swift kick in the shins for letting a Benz get like that right?

Scott........I work fairly slow on cars such as this one only because he left it with me and I can work on it slowly. He just bought a new SL 55 *Sweet Ride*

The rotary is faster BUT if you don`t mask areas off then the time you save using the rotary will be lost cleaning up all the sling and dust.

If you guys decide to buy a CP you won`t be dissapointed, great machine, well built, very quiet and well balanced, even with one hand and of course you can get wool pads and terry pads for metal polishing and also the brushes to use for carpets.

I`ll talk with Irene at Top of the Line and if you buy one from her I`ll see if I can`t talk her into throwing in a sample or two of some products I use.

Thanks for the :up on the thread,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    how do the cyclo and the Pc cmpare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by spetulla

how do the cyclo and the Pc cmpare?

The PC operates with one large pad while the Cyclo operates with two smaller pads so it is a dual head polisher.

The PC has speed settings while the Cyclo runs at one constant speed.

The price for the PC is about $150 while the Cyclo is about $250-$299

The Cyclo is the better tool IMHO as it will not bog down if pressure is applied. The PC bogs down and just slowly vibrates if pressure is applied.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    what speed does the cyclo run at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by spetulla

what speed does the cyclo run at?

2,800-3,200 OPMs depending on load. Oddly, it *seems* faster; products will dry out faster with the Cyclo than with the PC :nixweiss Maybe because of the overlap of the two pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Anthony, I have a question for you... Do you think you could have acheived the same results using a PC instead? Or do you think the Cyclo has an extra aggressiveness that makes it more capable for situations like that one?

Also, great write-up! Thanks for sharing it!

Post Thanks / Like
    But is it work the $300, or is it worth it more to have a PC and learn how to use a rotary, and have both?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

Hey Anthony, I have a question for you... Do you think you could have acheived the same results using a PC instead? Or do you think the Cyclo has an extra aggressiveness that makes it more capable for situations like that one?

Also, great write-up! Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks Aurora,

The PC would not give the same results as I was able to apply a good deal of pressure on the CP where as the same pressure on the PC would have just bogged it down. Also there is the comfort factor. The PC vibrates a great deal and can really mess with my wrist if used for a long period of time. The CP on the other hand does not vibrate like the PC, at least not in the same manner. It is easy on the wrist and forearm for prolonged use.

Hope that answers your question,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Hooray, it`s about time! How many posts have I spent on this subject with dear Bud? How many years have I been listening to how wrong I am about the Cyclo? (my favorite polisher in the whole world)

Just goes to show it doesn`t always pay to belittle the opinions of others. It may come back to haunt you one day!

Anthony, as you know dear friend, you are the best! Thanks for the excellent photos and play by play application. I will proudly put the pics on display on our site.

Now others can truly understand the difference in a powerful, professional orbital and the current favorite (Porter Cable).

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that Bud does not like the Cyclo, but for Irene and myself, it`s right up there with our top sellers, and it`s almost the most expensive polisher out there. Fact is, it works and works and over the long run, it is affordable because you don`t spend time tuning it or having it repaired. Anthony, you are correct about the lack of vibration. Even at its weight, it really doesn`t move that much. People will comment, "Oh, nine pounds, huh?" I swear it doesn`t feel like that. The weight distribution is excellent.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

R Regan
    Robert and Susan Regan

Towel Pros Microfiber

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Anthony, the Cyclo sure is a great machine I bought one after Accumulator recomended it and I agree it is very well balanced

Anthony I allways admired the work you do, it sure is top notch

You can make a car look like very few can:xyxthumbs

Cleaning carpets I think you are :xyxthumbs
    Born to "Explore"

Post Thanks / Like
    Very humbled by that explorer.........thank youvery much

Lots of fine detailers on this forum, both pro and weekend warriors, who are class acts because they openly explain the in`s and out`s of their detailing process, what works and what doesn`t work for them and I know for a fact that I myself learn new things all the time from so many of the folks here.

Thanks again and take care,

Anthony

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information