Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like this sealant. However I have noticed some interesting properties and wanted to see if they are consistent with what others have experienced with this product.

1) The first wash after applying EX-P I rinse the car first as I always do. No beading, at all, none. The car just sheeted water right off, almost drying itself completely. After washing, I rinsed again, same result. At this point I was a bit worried because beading is my inidcator of protection. The shine after washing was EX-P trademark dipped in salad oil, reflective and clear. Heck, my friend even pointed out yesterday my car reflects on overcast days with no sun :shocked

2) Today its raining in NJ, fairly hard. First rain since application. Its beading, like mad. From my window I am looking out and the water is literally running off the hood and vertical panels.

So now I am interested to see if it sheets again when I go to wash it next time around or if it beads this time. Anybody else notice anything like this before with EX-P?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like NXT to me. Beads heavily in the rain, sheets when hit with a steady flow from the hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried EX-P yet? Its amazing on our cars if you havent, extremely reflective and wet looking without the darkening/pearl hiding effect of NXT. Also, for a sealant, it doesnt look plasticy and sterile like I felt NXT did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet, but it is on my list.

I didn`t think NXT was sterile at all, in fact I found it to be the exact opposite.

Just goes to show, it is all subjective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true

However you know that pic you posted on CSI of NXT from across the rear of your hood? That pic is what I refer to, I couldnt see the metalic flake in the hood, the paint was darkened. It actually has a carnuaba like look in some respects, and a sealant like look in others. Its not bad, just different. However for that POP I like EX-P because the metalic flake will just jump out at you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, I finally have had the chance to REALLY use NXT...I guess I wasn`t really giving it a fair shake due to the really miserable weather we`ve had in N.E. Saturday, I polished my black hood with DACP, then 1Z Metallic. Applied NXT with a finish pad on the PC. Waited 20minutes..removed with a MF..WOW! It really is a nice finish. Like someone said above..it`s kind of like a carnuba finish, but also like a sealant. I like the look alot..very dark and rich. Now I want to try the booster spray wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve yet to wash a car with EX-P on it. I`ve only used it once. Heh.

And I really like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont consider this a bad thing, didnt mean for it to come off like that. I love the look of EX-P. And hey, its beading like heck right now in the rain, so its doing its job. I just thought the duality of the sheeting when washing and the beading when raining was a bit...weird.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if it sheeted water you could top it with S100 or #16. Actuall #16 would bead like mad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to top with #16

I have heard GREAT things about this wax, and the fact that the durability is almost sealant like :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost always wash with QEW, so products like NXT and Klasse that tend to sheet bead when I wash them. I now have EX-P on a vehicle that I use a pressure spray and water deionizer on (the owner`s equipment) so next time I wash it, I will see if I get beading or sheeting.

EX-P beads like crazy in the rain though. I had applied it to a customer`s black Escalade and the next day it rained and I happened to park next to it while getting lunch.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of topping it with #16, try Poorboy`s Natty wax. It is clear and reflective like the EX-P so they match well and look incredible. Natty`s wax beads like crazy.

I have EX-P topped with Natty`s on my royal blue truck and it shines like no other believe me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you apply EX-P on top of Natty`s or would you have to remove the Natty`s before applying EX-P again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Lead Car

Can you apply EX-P on top of Natty`s or would you have to remove the Natty`s before applying EX-P again.

General rule of thumb is applying sealant, then carnauba wax. Polish the car again with a light polish, apply some EX-P, wait a day or two, then top it if you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I have #16, Natty Wax, Pinnacle Souveran and S100 in my arsenal, I am just going to have to try each one over EX-P. So far, the only one I have used over EX-P is Souveran. I noticed a slight deepening of the paint, otherwise the look was the same. Pics are in my gallery.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information