Post Thanks / Like
    I was shopping around for more pads and I came across The Edge pads at premiumautocare.com. I was wondering if anyone knew who made these and if anyone has any reviews on them. They are pretty cheap, only $8.75 per pad, and there are 5 cutting/polishing strengths to choose from. Thanks for any input

Post Thanks / Like
    the 6.5 suck but the 8` are bad ***. they have this super glue that causes them not to separate from the white part that sticks to your velcro. i bought a blue and a green 6.5 the 1st time i used it, it separated from the white velcro on the back. i called where i ordered them from and they sent me 2 of each. i used them again and it happened again. ive used the 8` and like them a lot better. but if i were you id spend the xtra dollar and get the meguiars. unless you want to get the 8" edge and you can use them on your rotary if you have one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply bro. I currently use megs pads but I was just shopping around and came accross these and wondered if they were any good.

Post Thanks / Like
    edge pads are supposedly pretty nice. i have read a few problems about the velcro coming off, but if you ever have a problem you can call them or email them and they might replace the pad depending on the problem.

i believe they are also coming out with a new velcro-less pad system. here is the link to the discussion at detail city http://www.detailcity.com/forums/sho...highlight=edge
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks promising:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I had issues with the velcro backing coming off of these pads after using them only once or twice.

I probably won`t buy them again but will give the new double-sided pads a try.

topdown
    My BMW is slick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by topdownbimmer

I had issues with the velcro backing coming off of these pads after using them only once or twice.

I probably won`t buy them again but will give the new double-sided pads a try.

topdown

send the pads with velcro problems back to aaron at edge pads. he will look at them and probably replace them.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used them without any backing falling off. From reading, it sounds like any DA pad has a chance of falling apart due to the oscillating action, and if used above a speed of 5. Meg`s included.

As mentioned earlier, Edge, as well as Meg`s and other manufactures will replace defective products.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    those new double sided snap on pads are now available on premiumautocare.com, and the velcro won`t come off because there is no velcro!!! ahahahah

Post Thanks / Like
    i saw that, im gonna have to try that since the adapter will work with the rotory as well

Post Thanks / Like
    If I recall, the Edge Pads are being improved and will be released when the current stock sells out.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Thread Information