Post Thanks / Like
    A week ago, I used S2000 using Meguiar`s Cleaner Wax, Deep Crystal Polish, and liquid Gold Class Wax on my S2000. My car is garaged when it is not being driven and it doesn`t take much more than Quick Detail spray and a microfiber towel to keep it clean between washings. But now I`m not sure what process I should follow next time I wash my car.

Should I follow the same process with the cleaner wax, polish, and GC? I have a Porter Cable, which makes the job much easier, but I`m not sure if I`m wasting product by using these three products every week.

Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your car is garage kept, and you have a PC, then just apply the Gold Class using a polishing pad and remove with a microfiber.

If it`s garage kept, it shouldn`t need a cleaner/wax. You can polish with the DC Polish as an extra step, usually good for dark colors.

If you haven`t tried NXT Tech Wax, I would recommend giving it a try, I haven`t come across a finish that it didn`t take to a higher level.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response.

When and how often should a cleaner/wax be used?

When and how often can the DC polish be applied? Can the DC polish be applied each week when I wash my car followed by the Gold Class?

I definitely plan on using the NXT Tech Wax, but I want to use up the rest of the GC I have first.

Thanks

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s cleaner/waxes can be used often, safely because they are non-abrasive. After using a strong cleaner/wax bottle all the way up, (Like ColorX), you may want to look at switching to a less aggressive cleaner/wax like Meguiar`s Cleaner/Wax (A-1216 in the maroon bottle), because the finish shouldn`t need an aggressive cleaning any longer as long as you`re maintaining it.

DC Polish can be applied as often as you like as long as the finish is clean and/or washed. Because it`s not a wax, it won`t build up. You can also apply the Gold Class afterwards if you like.

Mike

Thread Information