Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray waxes?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a good off the shelf spray wax. If I would just spray it on after a coat of wax, would it add something to the shine?

Also how does it work? Just spray on and buff off? Or do you just spray it on and then wash and dry the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One Wax and Dry works well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate tried alot of them. The best by far and i mean really far is Formula 113. I saw a guy using it on his 1965 Caddy and he claims he never painted the car. It looked like glass. I use it on my 2001 Tahoe and man do i get looks. It looks wet like it just got painted. I havent wax since November but now that the weather is good and the boat is done my baby will get it collinite treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found that Formula 113 stuff.....

http://www.formula113.com/spray_wax.htm

Is that it?

They sell the liquid wax at NAPA, the guy working there told me its the best wax you can use but I figured he was just BS`ing like 99.9% of all other salesmen....

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the NXT spray wax
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people commonly use spray wax to quickly add a bit more protection to their existing wax job. It is kind of an intermediate between QD and a "real" wax since it usually does not have much durability all by itself.

That said, I don`t think there are that many users of spray waxes at Autopia. I think it`s because it`s often just a bit more work to apply a coat of regular wax instead. Application methods will differ though. Some can be used wet, some dry....

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT does a good job of revitalizing the wax layer....just make sure you are always out of direct sunlight when applying spray waxes....they will marr like crazy if they see sunlight....

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    Parents: 2000 Buick Regal GSX.1997 Chevrolet Blazer LT,2003 Infiniti FX45, 21` Bayliner Cruiser

Me: I own a bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya know, and I hate to say it, but that new Dupont Teflon Spray wax is pretty decent! I used it on my 25 ft travel tailer last wknd after a week at the lake......Sides were wet, as it says you can use wet or dry, sprayed on, spread, and wiped clean, probably the slickest OTC spray wax ive used, ive only used the EO WAUD, and the Megs stuff, this by far is nicer, and fairly thick too......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing wrong with spray waxes. Malco Aurora 4000 and Omikron Fast Wax which I use are superb at bringing the lustre up and topping up the protection. I often use it the a few hours before going on a cruise with my fellow falcon owners. Looks awesome under the fluro lights on our night runs. Will be putting some of that on the car tomorrow avo. Got an E series ANZAC cruise that night. The bonnet will get a coat of 3M IHG
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rain X spray wax works good too.

Post Thanks / Like
    BUT.....in a bind EO wax as you dry impressed me. I used it per directions with so so results. I prefer to dry the car and use it as if it was a QD and buff off with a damp MF. GREAT RESULTS. Lasted through one rain storm too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used EO WAUD quite a lot when I had my Saturn. At first it was just in addition to what it had on it, but as it never wore off, since it was as easy as drying the car in the first place. It tended to replace any other wax.

I wasn`t an Autopian then, meaning blowing cash right and left on products I don`t even have time to use, but the SC2 always looked nice and beaded.

If I didn`t want to try so many different products on my wife`s silver car, I would definately use the stuff I have from two years ago on it. But the Focus is getting ColorX first, then probably NXT...probably zaino for the winter.

Oop, sidetracked. :sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt,

thats it. Its the best stuff i ever seen. I have tried it all. I once used gliptone with good results but not as good as 113.

Post Thanks / Like
    i like nxt actually, it has seemed to work well for me. Ive even used pledge before which worked other than some minor smearing. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information