Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, bought a shopvac sears today, 6 gal, 3 hp, 40 bucks. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys think it will do the job for me. Vacuming out cars, and cleaning carpets, and vacuming up the residue. Also, got a 100 ft 14 Gauge ext. cord. Will this be enough to handle the shop vac? Or should i go a 50 ft, or a lower gauge all together? Thanks a lot guys. Also, what attachments do yo recomend?

Vac:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...&vertical=TOOL

Will this do it, or should i step up to a 4hp 8 Gal for $20 more?
    "You offroad that thing?" "Yea man, all the time"

Post Thanks / Like
    I go with as powerful a vacuum as you can afford. 100` 14 gauge should work fine, that is what I have been using for years.

Make sure you get a crevice tool so you can get in between the seats. I`d see if the attachments that come with the vac include one.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlueRanger

Hey guys, bought a shopvac sears today, 6 gal, 3 hp, 40 bucks. Anyways, I was wondering if you guys think it will do the job for me. Vacuming out cars, and cleaning carpets, and vacuming up the residue. Also, got a 100 ft 14 Gauge ext. cord. Will this be enough to handle the shop vac? Or should i go a 50 ft, or a lower gauge all together? Thanks a lot guys. Also, what attachments do yo recomend?

Vac:

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...&vertical=TOOL

Will this do it, or should i step up to a 4hp 8 Gal for $20 more?

That Shop Vac should be adequate, but I agree with Scottwax and get as powerful as one you can afford. I got a heck of a deal this winter right before Christmas. Home Depot had their 12 gallon 5hp model on sale for $39.95. They ran out of them so the manager agreed to substitute the 16 gallon, 6.5 hp model for the same price. The thing is a monster.

Post Thanks / Like
    would a 4 hp vac make a difference? This is as big as i can go due to space constraints, I have to store it in my dorm room, and im sure you guys remember, there isnt much room for anything in here.....thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a 4 hp vac should be fine. I owned a 3hp shop vac for a couple of years now and it has worked great. I`m sure the 6.5hp can handle a lot more task, but a 16gallon tank will take up half your dorm room.

Post Thanks / Like
    Home depot has a 5hp that I think is 4 gallons. It is square and much smaaller than the 5hp 12 gallon monster from sears. i sold the sears one I had after only two uses after I saw the rigid at home depot. I think it was either $49.95 or $59.95 but I needed the space but it has a lifetime guarantee.

Post Thanks / Like
    would a 4 hp vac make a difference?

My craftsman is a 3hp (peak) and it literally will pick mats up and suck wahtever needs to be sucked up.

Its the little brown squareish looking one if you want to know...shoulder strap, casters ect..works great and wasnt too expensive I wanna say around $60-80.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just use an old shop vac that has been dedicated to use in the garage and it works fine. I found one of the best ways to use it is to dampen the carpet or fabric a little bit then suck it up with the shop vac. THe only problems i have had has been if things get stuck in the hose and it loses suction, but that doesnt usually happen

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome, i think ill keep it, another question, should i get the disposable vacume bag for vacuming, and remove it for wet application, or just let it all "mix" in?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my 6 gal, 3hp ShopVac at Lowe`s the day after Thanksgiving last year for $19.95 ! I guess that was a pretty good deal.

I still would like a Metro VacNBlow, though...

Post Thanks / Like
    im envious, thats a killer deal....this think is pretty dang strong, started vacumming in those hidden corners, picked up some pretty ugly stuff....anyways im gonna answer my previous question, i opened up the vac to look inside after, and all sorts of hair and junk are on the filter....I would say to with the bag for vacumming, keeps your filter c lean of ugly stuff...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the 16 gallon 6.5hp model.

This puppy ROCKS! Super extraction and sucking capabilities.

It`s huge but well worth it.

The stronger the vacuum the better since you`ll be multitasking with it.

Just remember, when you extract water while doing carpets, remove the filter.
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    hehe let`s all flex our Vacuum`s haha....mines a 5hp too...i don`t like how big it is tho....or how loud it is.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the Rigid (Home Depot) 5 hp vac and love it. It is must easier to move around than a canister type vaccuum. The only problem is the size of the hose makes it difficult to find accessories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by pharden

I purchased the Rigid (Home Depot) 5 hp vac and love it. It is must easier to move around than a canister type vaccuum. The only problem is the size of the hose makes it difficult to find accessories.

Are you talking about the 5 hp/4 gallon Rigid?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information