Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think I`ve EVER seen ANY discussion of #6; I`ve only seen it mentioned in passing or in comparison to another product. bretfraz mentioned it in passing over at the Meguiar`s board yesterday, just after I`d asked a question about it (that I then closed the window on without sending, by accident).

Megs has SO MANY final products! What`s the niche, for #6? Why #6 instead of, say, ColorX? Or MPPP, as bretfraz used to upgrade his customers?

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s just one of those many many products on the market that get`s overlooked. Its not fancy, its not cool, its not trendy, its just a cleaner wax in a boring tan bottle.

So much of what gets talked about here and on other forums is nothing more than the latest trend or fashion. There`s no real thought that goes into why some people recommend one similar product over another. Whether its Klasse AIO or Poorboys Polish or Moose Wax or whatever, they`re all basically the same type of product.... cleaner waxes.

People who populate forums like this one and others are a very fickle bunch. In one thread they`re dissing cleaner waxes and the next, recommending them. If you`re gonna recommend a cleaner wax, why not one that`s available locally and at a good price?

I used #6 primarily because it was made by a respected company, was easy to use, was widely available and was affordable. A gallon of it 15 years ago was about $30-40. Today its still about $40/gallon. By comparison Poorboys Polish is $55/gallon and Moose Wax a whopping $120/gallon if you buy it by the quart. AIO is also about $120/gallon. If nothing else, #6 is a good value. Always has been.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to use #6. I never had a problem with it. I just found that I don`t care much for cleaner waxes in my arsenal. FWIW though, #6 is better than Moose wax IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, bret, I agree completely.

I`m really more interested in how it works, what`s it`s place in the arsenal, and stuff like that; who uses it regularly, and why. I "cross posted" over to the Meguiar`s Forum, asking about Meg`s saying it could be applied by rotary, which kind of made me sit up and pay attention.

Products? I like `em all. But I`m going to use what I have before I buy any more, so I`ll next be in the market sometime in... 2014 or so.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    How strange. Just picked up #6 on sale for $2.50 Sunday and then wondered what I would ever use it on. A friend came by today and ask if I could give their car a "fast" wax. The rest is obvious. So glad to have helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most people I know would never Do a 2 step much less a 3 step. Thats who # 6 is for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it year round for a minor touch up and cleaning on lower areas of the car. I DO NOT rely upon it for any sort of extended protection.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I used this back in the day when I first started driving/washing my own car. If I remember correctly it was a decent 1 step with OK shine and durability, but stained the heck out of any trim. Could have been another mequiars 1-step cleaner wax though.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    If nothing else, #6 is a good value. Always has been
    Youve got to be kidding ! For two weeks of protection? We use it here at work, and use it, and use it, and use it.......I find value in cleaning ability, (Ok, its not bad for that) durability, ease of use, (ok, its easy), durability, shine (not bad), durability, price (not bad).

That would be the day, I used it on a clients car....I would consider it for a wash and shine though.....But as for a true "detailing" product? I dont think so!

If I recall, #6 was what inspired me to try other products, when i first started out and didnt know any better....

Im not knocking it as a DIY`er product, but it has no room in any of my topics, nor my arsenal......

I have a friend who details also, part time (We both work 4/10`s), when i have friends who "threaten" to go to Steve, I tell them they get what they pay for....:scared Thats his only designer product, course he still washes with a brush too.....:xyxthumbs

If your looking for a cleaner/"wax"...Go for ColorX.......beats the tar out of #6 .........
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    On white LS400`s of previous generations, the area below the beltline is a dull grey color. I used to use #6 on this section as it would also help get rid of the junk that collects there. After reading of the cleaning properties of NXT (incidental or not) I have started using FandFurious on this section and it is certainly lasting longer and appears to clean in the same fashion when used with a polishing pad.

I second Patrick (aka: Low Post Count Newbie ) about the limited durability.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    (aka: Low Post Count Newbie )
    Its such a lonley feeling, from 1200 to 30, in a heartbeat....:shocked

I didnt think it would take this long for someone to rub it in Think !! But thanks anyway.....!

hey Think, are you going to the Autopia day at Meg`s ?

Oh, nevermind, your in Va.......:LOLOL

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t feel bad. My post count was cut by approx 2000 and I didn`t have a log on problem. Punishment for using #6 all those years ago, I guess.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce :LOLOL

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey Think, are you going to the Autopia day at Meg`s ?

It would be VERY cruel of you to ask if I hadn`t gone to a Meg`s detailing day last weekend in DC

I assume you are going--have a blast!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Thread Information