Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers, Megs, Turtle wax, Armor All, Eagle One. All these store bought products get mentioned frequently here but what about Simoniz? They`ve been around for decades(saw on TV recently The 3 Stooges in a Simoniz commercial made back in the 50`s) but I`ve never seen it mentioned on this site nor is there any reviews listed for them.

In Canada our big auto supplies store has a huge line of their products from drying towels to wheel cleaners. Judging by the selection they must sell well. I`ve used their paste wax in the past and it was pretty durable for a carnauba. I also use their chenille pad which I actually quite like. Not to mention they got a good catch phrase.

Is Simoniz available in the American stores like in Canada and if so what`s the dealio? Why is it being shown no love on both sides of the border?
    Is that a new claybar in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think a lot of Simoniz stuff now is rebranded product .. like the Cordless Orbital I have ( Wen) . I had the opportunity to use the original Simoniz paste wax once as a fun thing to do .. wasn`t at all fun. You couldn`t rub it off till it dried and when it dried it was like cement.

CT here too is full of Simoniz stuff.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    They sell it here. I`ve tried it a few times and IMO, it is decidedly average.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I had the same problem with the wax too. It took me like 2 hours to buff off and every ounce of my strength but I thought it left a good shine. Didn`t want to rip on Simoniz right off since I was the thread starter. I still love the chenille mitt though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simoniz products certainly are not horrible but even off the shelf you can get equal or better results with less effort.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As Jesstzn mentioned, the Simoniz in Cdn Tire are rebranded, not actual "Simoniz" like you would find in the States. If you look at the back label, you`ll see something like "made in USA, imported bu Trileaf Distribution (Cdn. Tire branch)". Their tire shine, protectant and some waxes are actually Black Magic with different lables. Their Dri-Clean is Blue Coral`s Dri-clean, but with Simoniz on it instead. The....you get the idea. If you want to see what the original Simoniz looks like, and what`s carried in their line, look up Simoniz on the web and go to their homepage. They even have a cartoon "scientist" to answer your questions.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    Years ago a family member who owned an Auto Body shop showed me how to get Simoniz off easier.

Put a small amount of baking powder on the towel prior to removing the Simoniz, it made it much easier to get off. Then after the car was done, a rinse with water to get rid of the white powder. He claimed that the water rinse also hardened the new coat of wax.

I have not used this for many years but back then (70`s) it worked great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tallman

Years ago a family member who owned an Auto Body shop showed me how to get Simoniz off easier.

Put a small amount of baking powder on the towel prior to removing the Simoniz, it made it much easier to get off. Then after the car was done, a rinse with water to get rid of the white powder. He claimed that the water rinse also hardened the new coat of wax.

I have not used this for many years but back then (70`s) it worked great.
    It was not baking powder it was corn starch. You could NOT let Simonize dry , it you did you would have to use kerosene to take it off, 1 to 2 sq. ft is all you could do at one time. Simonize came on the market in 1910. It was great stuff at the time but I dont think so anymore. Their is a lot of better stuff out their. Corn starch was also a good swirl mark remover , If used right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BigLeegr

As Jesstzn mentioned, the Simoniz in Cdn Tire are rebranded, not actual "Simoniz" like you would find in the States. If you look at the back label, you`ll see something like "made in USA, imported bu Trileaf Distribution (Cdn. Tire branch)". Their tire shine, protectant and some waxes are actually Black Magic with different lables. Their Dri-Clean is Blue Coral`s Dri-clean, but with Simoniz on it instead. The....you get the idea. If you want to see what the original Simoniz looks like, and what`s carried in their line, look up Simoniz on the web and go to their homepage. They even have a cartoon "scientist" to answer your questions.

Now that you mentioned Black Magic, there`s another product line that never gets mentioned here as well. Now I know why Simoniz and Black Magic are only prominently sold in Canadian Tire. Kinda like where Pepsi is actually owned by Coke according to urban legend.

Post Thanks / Like
    SIMONIZ sold wax in a little yellow can years ago.It was a great product could compare with MEG#16 thats how good it was.They stopped making it.Pain in the *** to put on and take off. Like SCOTTWAX said with all the products in the stores these days SIMONIZ does not measure up

Thread Information