Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering, since QEW is good enough to wash a car without a hose and spraydown, how come I dont hear people using this as their typical car wash? Is it too strong and strips wax? I used it the other day the way it was intended (buckets, no hose) and it was scary, but it worked out ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Perls in nice weather because it leaves a nice gloss. I use QEW in the winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    QEW does not strip wax . As a matter of fact it seems to add a little gloss. Even when you use the hose method somethimes when the car is not to dirty and you want to just freshen up the car Qew is a fast way to do it . When the car is to dirty for Qd and not dirty enough for the soap and hose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it`s a matter of personal preference and limitations. QEW was designed to provide a solution for those who did not have access to water and a hose. If you have access to these things, then QEW is optional. Same goes for people living in water restricted areas where normal car washing is not allowed.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve thought about this because QEW really is hands down the best wash I have used. However, I think because it is on the pricier side I would use a conventional wash for regular hose and bucket washing. Or try out Perls or Sonax. NXT is a good wash as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I figure since it`s so slick and keeps dirt away without water, that QEW would be the best choice for washing with a hose. It would be a bit pricey to use as your normal shampoo, but there are some people who use 60dollar waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by canisestinvia

I figure since it`s so slick and keeps dirt away without water, that QEW would be the best choice for washing with a hose. It would be a bit pricey to use as your normal shampoo, but there are some people who use 60dollar waxes.

You are right. And a little bit of QEW goes a long way depending on the water quality of the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use a bucket or hose anymore, I only use QEW. I spray the car down and spray out the wheelwells if its really dirty, but I haven`t used a traditional wash since last summer. I hate washing cars, and QEW lets me do it without getting soaked, rinsing, having to dry, having drips everywhere afterwards. In short, QEW makes the only part of detailing I dont like likeable!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another reason to switch to QEW all together: our waterbill went up another $50 last month. We have fresh water right near us but our waterbill was $380.

Post Thanks / Like
    QED has provided the biggest change in my detailing since I joined Autopia. I have changed many techniques but my basic routine has remained the same. With QED I have the opportunity to clean a panel at a time and that can include the door jambs. For me QED is going to be even more important in the summer than in the winter as it will minimise the water spotting.
    I can`t believe you kiss your car good night.

C`mon baby tell me-you must be jokin`, right!
    Shania Twain

Citroen BX `88, Lomax 223 `85, Citroen 11BN `56

Post Thanks / Like
    If you live near the sea or where it snows, I still recommend washing with a hose so you can rinse off the underbody and wheelwells. I was surprised to find rust on the 2000 528i I had.

Luckily, the corrosion warranty was 7 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I agree there. The one failing of QEW is that you can`t flush out contaminants like you can with a hose. To remedy this I stop by a coin op every once in a while and spray out the crevices, grilles, wheel wells, and underbody.

Post Thanks / Like
    I almost always use QEW for my regular washing. And it is economical-one gallon runs me $34 and I can wash 128 cars with it. 26 cents per wash is pretty cheap. It is also faster, no drips, no spotting, etc. About every 3-4 months, I run by a coin-op car wash and blast out my fenderwells and undercarriage real good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information