Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am getting ready for the spring detail and want to try the Final Polish. I have heard great things about it and decided I was going to order it for the spring detail. Now CMA has a Final Polish II. I have read the description and talked to CMA and it seems the only difference is that FP II can be worked longer.

Have any of the Final Polish users tried FP II yet? Wich do you prefer and why? I am going to wait to hear some replies before I order. I would like to place the order today or early tomorrow. TIA for any help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would assume that Menzerna changed the formulation for the better (normal evolution). I would just order the newer version unless there is a significant price difference. JMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that the new formulation contains fillers/oils. I DON`T want this feature, so I rushed out a bought 4x32oz of the old formulation to carry me over.

I like the idea of the final polish being filler free so it draws out any fillers used previously. This way I can see if any scratches/swirls are trying to sneak past me. This is plainly obviously under 1000 watt lights.

Post Thanks / Like
    From the CMA website:

Final Polish II contains no wax, glaze, fillers or silicones. Minor spider webbing is removed, not just covered-up. Paint gloss is improved by polishing the surface to a micro-smooth, highly reflective finish, not by adding a glaze of silicone oils.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also from their site, from the paragraph above your exerpt:

"They added some lubricating oils to keep the product wetter, allowing longer polishing."

IMHO oil is a filler, however it is used.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonzo,

I agree with you. I don`t want the fillers either. I wonder if the lubricating oils in FP II are fillers?

You seem to really like the original version of FP, do you think the changes made to FP II are needed? Do you feel that FP drys too fast and that the ability to work FP II longer is a good thing?

Does anybody know if FP II is replacing FP or will both still be sold?I think I read a thread within the last few days and someone said both would still be available for sale.

It would be great to hear how the two versions compare from someone that has used both.

Post Thanks / Like
    stevet,

If/when I feel like working FP longer, I just give the pad a light spritz with EO Wipe & Shine and get back to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

Also from their site, from the paragraph above your exerpt:

"They added some lubricating oils to keep the product wetter, allowing longer polishing."

IMHO oil is a filler, however it is used.

I see your point. I do not agree with it, seems like the lubricating oils would evaporate, but what do I know :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gonzo

I read that the new formulation contains fillers/oils. I DON`T want this feature, so I rushed out a bought 4x32oz of the old formulation to carry me over.

I like the idea of the final polish being filler free so it draws out any fillers used previously. This way I can see if any scratches/swirls are trying to sneak past me. This is plainly obviously under 1000 watt lights.

I agree with polishing without filling but I have not read anywhere that this ability was added to FP II. Even with FP I I do a final check with 50:50 IPA before I final polish with 3M PI III MG (rotary). :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know why I bought Menzerna twins as my polish?? Because I want it to be filler free and actually remove the imperfection. If I only want to fill it, Id rather get 1z MP and PP. Just my $0.02
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I just polished my hood and front fenders with the new FP II and I didn`t notice any filling properties. I made a pass with FP-II, removed with MF and water spritz. Used another MF and spritz with 50 H20, and Alcohol...Looked the same. Some swirls were still there... Made 2 more passes with FP-II and they are practically all gone...spritz again, with 50/50 mix and didn`t notice any change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris, did you notice any difference in the final results between the FPI and FPII? Was the "duration" of polishing action increased with the new formulation?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to know the same thing.

Chris Y, check your PM`s

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris Y, please post your answer, I think a lot of us would like to know your findings.
    Ron Bowen-always trying to learn and improve my skills of the trade, 2003 Chevy Tahoe, Charcoal Metallic

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    This all *MENZERNA AMERICA* story is just getting too funny

First, they added pink color to FMJ (it stains applicators) while I`m sure it is my PO85U, a new product.

Next, they call FP-II to PO85RD (AFAIK, they didn`t add colorant, it`s still white???) and that is PO85U with light abrasives, so, stays wet/easy to use longer than FP, PO87.

I wonder if it wasn`t in benefit of us all to just follow a route and not try to hide change the same products just cause the continents aren`t the same.

Don`t you deserve to have the same Menzerna we do?

Edit: Doesn`t Menzerna USA knows about the internet, and forums, and sending products to other countries??

Shouldn`t they feel happy cause Scottwax and Anthony Orosco liked so much the Menzerna samples of PO85U I sent them? So that they would like to buy it locally?

Someone`s screwing it up there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information