Thread: NXT Mini review

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t do a NXT Maxi review cuz up here in the *Great White North* it snowed 3" in the last 2 days so I am restricted to .. a wheel.

This is a brand new wheel and it was glass smooth so the only prep I did was AIO. The back side of the rim was given 2 x SG and the front side was given 2 x NXT. Each 24 hours apart.

No camera would pix up the difference but to the eye I can see NXT is a little warmer than the SG and to me a little more reflective. This can be seen when all 5 wheels are lined up side by side.

The NXT was very user friendly to the effect you can walk away from it and buff it off 3 hours later with ease. I did this on another wheel. This one I stuck to the instructions.

Right now I have 2 wheels with NXT and 2 with SG. they will go left side right side for durability.

Fringe benifit .. my shop smells great

Pix links

Pix 1

Pix 2
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my mini review on paint. No pics though since its dusty and rainy.

My paint had a lot of very bad scratches and swirls, caused by some idiot that washed my car with a brush. Prep was clay, 3mSMR using orbital buffer with terry applicator. 3M wiped off very smoothly, but left a lof of dust. Most scratches were gone and most swirls gone too. Temp outside was 40F. Applied AIO by hand as best as I could. Too cold to do multiple coats. Removed with cheap MF:nono . Then SGx1. Couldnt do any more coats that week before NXT arrived. One week later washed car, dried with brand new WW. On to NXT.

At 40F, appliying was smooth. I did a thin coat by spreading the product till there was al most no residue on the car. Removing it was kinda difficult. I had some of those walmart MF (i know i know) and some 100 % cotton something. Dont know the name in english, but they are very smooth and dont leave scratches. Only problem is that they dont work best for polishes because they dont have that grab effect MF have to remove the oils.

Pros: The car looked very glossy, wet and deep after one coat. Some swirls were filled very nicely. I can live with the result. (my car is Delicate Black Metallic) The metallic paint came alive. I think too alive because at an angle it looked as if the car had a lot of paint chips. The car looks like when I did AIO, SG and #26. Just awesome.

Cons: NXT left a residue on my car and was kinda hard to remove without scratching the paint. The oils made removing the NXT not too easy either since the paint looked oily (cheap MF dont work well, prob not NXT fault). Paint aint as smooth as with multiple coats of SG. The dust kinda stuck to the paint and wouldnt just wipe off, so I had to wash the car.

Conclusion: product works best if paint is preped, if the paint is dark colored (from what ive seen), and only for good weather. i wouldnt use it as a protectant for winter. I will use it for this summer though. Great results with little effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the NXT is best applied over 50 F .. but I did do a fender on a beater next door yesterday at 37F and it went on and off easily. Maybe part of the problem is you "I did a thin coat by spreading the product till there was al most no residue on the car. " Maybe too thin?

Just a thought .. maybe Mike can chime in here.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey

Back in November/December when I was trying out the Lab Sample E (NXT Tech Wax), I had no problems in colder temperatures. I even applied it at 26 F with no difficulty. But it does spread more evenly in warmer temperatures!

Tim

Thread Information