Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i used my california water blade on my brand new black rsx type s and just got done detailing it with Z5 and it looks awsome. well tonight i go outside and the motion light goes on and is shining on my hood..... OMG there are tons of fine scratchs in my clear coats going in the direction the water blade was going. im so upset i just want everyone to know not to use it. i guess microfiber towels are gonna be my only option for drying now. hopfully a few more layers of z5 will get rid of the long swirl/striaght marks

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem with the CWB on any car, even dark ones. You`ve just got to make sure its clean.

Try a spritz of QD and see if its just streaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    The CWB is fine I use it all the time on my black Mustang. Just make sure you clean it with a handful of soap first, then rinse, then dry your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    diggs, i also had a problem with the CWB on my RSX. I also made sure the CWB ws clea, but it didnt make a difference. I would suggest getting two mf ww towels. they are more than enough to dry an RSX (in fact i only use one, but having another is always a good idea).
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t say my water blade ever caused scratches because I didn`t use it long enough to find out (one swipe). What put me off was the horrendous screaching sound, reminding me of fingernails on a black board. I just can`t psychologically get over using a product on my paint that "emits" such a noise. Other people seem to have good luck with it. I do use it on my windows, even though I get the same sound.

I use the sheeting method, and now only use MF waffle weave from exceldetail.com One of Patrick`s blue waffle weaves will fully dry my Maxima and my wife`s small pickup with no streaks or scratches (even have microfiber borders). These waffle weaves have replaced my trusty, quality 100% cotton terry towels.

I used to use a chamois way back when, but have learned that without any nap, they can scratch the paint if a speck of something gets dragged across the surface with it. And I would end up with streaking that would require touching up. Same with the water blades (I`m not doubting other`s success with it, just emphasizing the potential hazard if paint isn`t spotless). Here in NE Louisiana, there is a lot of dust/sand in the air, so I prefer to error on the side of caution.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Same here, I don`t use my CWB anymore. I got 3 big blues and they do an amazing job. Maybe it`s just in my head, but the car seems to have more shine when I dry it with ww`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    ..for windows, it`s OK but I even have scratches in the glass on one of the cars which really surprised me.

Has everyone read the warnings that are on the CWB instruction sheet?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tom p.

..for windows, it`s OK but I even have scratches in the glass on one of the cars which really surprised me.

Has everyone read the warnings that are on the CWB instruction sheet?

Ill 2nd this wise mans post :up
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem with it, but I don`t use it anymore, either. I use QEW and a waffle weave, and come summer I`m going to use the Vac & Blo instead of the CWB.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the CWB. I use it to remove about 70% of the water and follow up with a big WW to finish off the drying process. The CWB doesn`t scare me a bit.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i just used it this weekend...didnt seem to have a problem....only thing i didnt like about it was the noise it makes when you move it but ill get over that
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not had any problems using it on my wife`s black mustang.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry Diggs but i think it was just you...i dont meant anything rude by that but.....did you wipe the blade with each pass?
    Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Murph1083

sorry Diggs but i think it was just you...i dont meant anything rude by that but.....did you wipe the blade with each pass?
    its not just him, it happened to me as well, and yes i wiped off the CWB with every pass.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    i looked at it again tonight and its just the hood and fender that are scratched up and yes i did clean it and wipe it. i am so mad right now its on my brand new car and now im gonna have to buff the thing off now which i dont want to do on a new car. that thing is worthless i can see it being good for windows and nothing else.....

Edited for marginal language - 4DSC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information