Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t know if this has been discussed before but what`s the difference between those two?? Is NXT shinier than #40 if I apply them on the tires or exterior trim?? I don`t want it to be way too shiny on exterior trims but I want a matte to low gloss finish on tires.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very different products. Tech is petroleum solvent based while 40 is water based.

If you want matte finish on trim and tires I`d recommend 303 Aerospace protectant but if that`s not available use 40 and wipe down with a damp cloth to reduce gloss.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

They are very different products. Tech is petroleum solvent based while 40 is water based.

If you want matte finish on trim and tires I`d recommend 303 Aerospace protectant but if that`s not available use 40 and wipe down with a damp cloth to reduce gloss.

Which one is better on durability?? Do I have to reapply it every week after every wash on the tires?? Since NXT is petroleum based does that mean it`s shinier??
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the NXT was the best product I have used on my tires. They were severely neglected and it cleaned and left a luscious matte finish on them. I didn`t like 303 on tires because it seems to wear off very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by C-MDX

Which one is better on durability?? Do I have to reapply it every week after every wash on the tires?? Since NXT is petroleum based does that mean it`s shinier??

You might try the non-high-gloss Endurance then. I find if I use it sparingly that it leaves a fairly matte finish, and it really lasts a long time. Plus, it is locally available and low in cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

and low in cost.

I think it cost a lot. More than $10 here for a 8oz bottle is pretty much. Should I buy and try them all?? NXT, #40 and endurance to see which one I like the best??
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever you wash the tires, you will have to reapply the tire dressing, no matter what product you use.

Most people simply have the goal of trying to find a dressing that stands up to simple rain, let alone being cleaned/washed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

Whenever you wash the tires, you will have to reapply the tire dressing, no matter what product you use.

Most people simply have the goal of trying to find a dressing that stands up to simple rain, let alone being cleaned/washed.

I use a stiff brush to scrub my tires every time I wash so it`ll be all gone?? Is there a way that you can scrub away the dirt on tires and not scrub away the dressing?? I believe it`s impossible.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Thread Information