Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...for a while, anyway.

I just received the Forever Black with my Klasse because of morbid curiousity. Mother`s Back in Black worked well on my rear bumper trim but faded quickly and wouldn`t TOUCH this side piece.

Here is the before:

Here is the after--somebody mentioned using a sponge for even distribution. Clearly I did not do this, but I am impressed with the degree of color restoration. Now it is time for the durability test!!

Has anyone topped this with 303 or any other trim protectant and found that durability/appearance increased? I want to test durability this first time and did not want too many variables the first go-around.
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like it was repainted! i need to get some

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting. Keep us updated! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys, From my experince with forever black its not what it seems to be. I tried it on my Volvo`s trim, front sides and back. Well it looked so good for about 3 months. Then the back started to peel off. The front flaked off too and the sides werent too bad. But the back looked horrible, and yes I did use that stuff that came with it to degrease what you were gonna paint. Its durabilty just wont last. Another Option that I learned from a friend is that if your trim is that thrashed, use spray on bed truck liner, the stuff you can get at auto zone or someplace in a can. it works real good and of course its durable

Post Thanks / Like
    thinksnow I started using Forever BLack early last spring but I used the tire gel on the black trim on my VW. The total bottom of the car is a textured flexible plastic. I didn`t think the tire gel was good on the tires but its awesome on the plastic. I have made posts about it before and I used a yellow kitchen sponge to apply it. Its water based but once it dries its good for a few months. As I recall I applied it 3 times between March and Nov and one time was for a car show. I have seen no peeling at all. It just slowly degrades and in about 2-3 months you redo it. One hell of a lot better than Mothers Back to Black that lasts a washing and one rain. I have never topped it with anything because I wanted to keep the matte finish. Its not a totally dull matte. it has a bit of a *natural* shine to it like the original trim.

Check this thread

Searchhhhhhhhhhhhh
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Supernintendo Chalmers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check this thread

I remembered that someone had posted about it and used a sponge. I didn`t want to take over that thread with my own recent findings--wasn`t that a fairly old thread?

I will reapply the FB today (it says to do this anyway) and top one side with 303. I knew the "Forever" part of FB was hyperbole but I`m willing to stick it out for 2-3 months at a time. Like I had said, the BiB did nothing on these side pieces so a product that works for 10 minutes is an improvement

I will keep thee posted...
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOOKS LIKE A HUGE IMPROVEMENT! I was considering getting some when I go stateside in the spring; now I`ll be sure to! Thanks for the pics! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, FB did a pretty good job without peeling after 4-5 months, it did fade a little after a while but it didn`t peel off like paint... I applied it with the included applicator then "textured" the surface by dabbing it with some closed cell foam paint foam brush... It`s extremely important to brush and clean the surfaces really well before application, though.

Thread Information