Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone here said WW are the best drying towel there is on the market but I was quite disappointed yesterday to find out that it moves water rather than absorbing it! It did absorbed some of the water but what is does is mostly moving it around or smearing the finish. I used my WW, CWB and my MFs just to dry the car (!). I washed my WW before using it so I don`t think that is the issue. Is it because my WW is new so it doesn`t dry as good as say, after 2 car washes??
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? I too am about to get a couple WW, but... hummmm....
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    I have three WW and never had a problem like what your describing, did you use fabric softener and where did you buy it at?

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    where did you purchase the waffle weave you speak of? I have been using them for some time and love them never seen it push water around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

I have three WW and never had a problem like what your describing, did you use fabric softener and where did you buy it at?

No, I didn`t use fabric softener (Dawn) and they`re Pakshak WW.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    thats odd, it only takes me one large WW towel to dry my car and it absorbs all of the water. my towels work the same as they did the day i bought them.
    Justin
    Now Driving: 1998 Black 4Runner
    Have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my MFs dries even better than my WW
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both Pakshak & megs WW & not had the same problem, though they have definately improved with use & work better once they get a little damp
    Silver Grey BMW E60

Post Thanks / Like
    My WW definitely absorbs a ton of water. You use it much differently than a chamois however. It works best to lay it on the paintwork and blot the water up. Similarly try to blot the sides of the car. Used this way, I can dry my entire MINI with one blue WW, and it is much drier than using a chamois or Absorber synthetic chamois.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash it a couple of times and that should help. I can just drag mine across the paint and get the car dry.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I dry it like how I dry things normally, up and down motion. That`s odd, everyone has the same results but I don`t . So do I put my WW on a panel on the car, let it sit for a few seconds, use a MF to dry the excess water than move on to another section? Is that the best way to do it? BTW when I wash my WW it did obsorb quite a lot of water but not on the car.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a WW from Pakshak .. just got it 3 weeks ago .. used it 5 or 6 times now .. hasn`t even been washed yet. Works like a charm and I am drying in about 3C ( 38F) weather with humidity which is hard. I have no problems at all. Dries just fine. I don`t have a CWB nor do I like them. I pre-dry with a reg 24 x 24 plush MF then finish up with the WW.

Tell me ... are you using any kind of spray wax or the likes after your wash and before the drying?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    What I do is lay the WW on the car, run my hands over it to ensure that it is flat against the paint, then remove it, then maybe take a couple swipes to ensure I got all the water. The vertical panels are a little more difficult but its still the same approach. I think the towel does its work by absorbing and the longer it rests against the paint, the more it aborbs. It`s really not as finicky as I make it out to be it`s just difficult to describe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by C-MDX

I dry it like how I dry things normally, up and down motion. That`s odd, everyone has the same results but I don`t . So do I put my WW on a panel on the car, let it sit for a few seconds, use a MF to dry the excess water than move on to another section? Is that the best way to do it? BTW when I wash my WW it did obsorb quite a lot of water but not on the car.

It`s not compatible with Canadian water!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jesstzn

Tell me ... are you using any kind of spray wax or the likes after your wash and before the drying?

Nope, only a wash.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information