Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy a car wash shampoo for less than $8 (NXT wash - 64oz) or you buy a car wash shapoo that costs you $8.95 (Sonax gloss shampoo - 16oz). Both are autopian standard and they don`t strip wax. What`s the difference anyway?? Why do people spend so much for it when you can get one that is autopian standard for less than $8 :nixweiss
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Who said NXT shampoo is up to "Autopian standards" (whatever that is...)? I haven`t even seen the stuff in stores let alone used it (not that my views are more valid than anyone else`s). Nor have I read much from anyone anywhere about this product.

Jeez, let`s not simply rubber stamp every new product Meguiar`s or whoever introduces with the Autopia Seal Of Approval. I don`t know there`s many people using the Sonax shampoo either.

I`m not sure where your comparison came from. One shampoo that`s not available at retail nationwide and another with *very* limited distribution.

There have been a lot of posts and a few polls that discuss favorite shampoos. Ya might want to have a look at those before assuming which product is a community favorite.

Making a nice sudsy shampoo is not rocket science. There are quite a few good ones out there. Most people base their decision on how a shampoo smells, what color it is, how convenient it is to buy, how much suds it makes, and price. So deciding on a favorite shampoo ain`t rocket science either. Use whatever product makes you happy.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive tried the pinnacle bodywork shampoo, and honestly, it doesnt clean as good as eagle one wet or meguiars gc car wash. Mothers is another good car wash also. Basically, any good brand name car wash will do.
    18 Honda Civic SI White Pearl 6mt(:lever

02 Honda Aquatrax f12x watercraft

01 Yamaha Superjet Modded

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by hondaguy2582

Basically, any good brand name car wash will do.

Agree. 100%. I really like Kit Carnauba Car Wash.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bretfraz

Who said NXT shampoo is up to "Autopian standards" (whatever that is...)? I haven`t even seen the stuff in stores let alone used it (not that my views are more valid than anyone else`s). Nor have I read much from anyone anywhere about this product.

:wavey I`ve used it and like it very much. Lots of suds, nice scent and great sheeting action. Everyone is talking about the NXT wax and not much mention of the car wash soap which I feel is very good.

Still, like hondaguy2582 said, pretty much any name brand product will give good results.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a good hard look at 1z perls shampoo. cleaning and protection action all in one. i love the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used probably 15 different shampoos. I like Zaino the best for all the reasons Bret mentioned but especially I like it because the suds last a long time and it has great lubricity.:up
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks people. Does NXT wash contains polymer?? Is it a good car wash for SG??
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Bret here. Use whatever you like because it pleases you.

Some people like smell, others sudsing, but something like lubricity should probably be fairly important for everybody IMHO. This is something you can tell a difference in between some of the best and some of the worst products, even though it`s usually not a massive difference and no one really knows exactly how much lubrication you need to be "safe".

Personally I am a big fan of lubricity and smell, in that order. I`m currently using 2 shampoos mainly: Sundance, which cost me under $3, smells faintly of coconuts (:up), and has "okay" lubrication. The favourite is Zymol, which cost me over $10, smells fantastic and has great lubricity IMO. Just gives you an idea about what it can be like choosing these things...

Post Thanks / Like
    So a cheap wash will do. How about Simoniz wash?? $19.00 for a gallon?? Or TW Zip Wax. $18.00 for a gallon.

2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, Zip Wax shampoo is fine... it works. Go ahead and try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

The only thing I`m worrying is that it`ll strip the wax
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BW

Uh, I don`t want to start a :argue , but *I* can`t wash anything with that stuff without marring the finish. Not enough lubricity. Not enough with Gold Class either, at least for me. *I* find a HUGE, very noticeable difference in lubricity between different shampoos.

I used to like Pinnacle, but when used in strong enough concentrations to clean well, it was too tough on my wax. I used Meg`s #62 and it was OK (especially when mixed with the Pinnacle), but then I switched to Griot`s Car Wash, and not only did my cars get CLEAN, but I eliminated about 90% of my wash-induced swirls. Not too hard on wax, doesn`t even TOUCH SG. $30/gallon plus shipping.

Try as I might, I just can`t get marring-free washes with inexpensive shampoos.

C-MDX- If you DO use the Zipwax anyway, *I* never found it too tough on wax. But it didn`t really leave any of its own, either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also agree that theres a lot of difference between washes, although now that I`ve used QEW I dont know that I`ll be bucket washing that much in the future.

I mean, really if you`re using the wash properly how long will a gallon last you? I bought a gallon of Gold Class (which is okay, not great) when I bought my car last year and it isn`t 1/4 gone after using it all spring, summer, fall once a week. Why not shop car washes on the basis of their quality and lubricity instead of shopping for the cheapest wash? We`re supposed to be detailing enthusiasts, you sound like you`re shopping for the best deal on lawn fertilizer, thats no fun!

I really want to try the pearls shampoo...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Zip for washing for a long time .. and with a good sheepskin mitt I haven`t mared the surface. Mind you mine seldome gets very dirty. BTW C-MDX did you know you can buy the gallon in Wal-Mart in the US for anywhere from $3.99 to $5.99 depending on the day.. Up here in CanaDUH we get hosed bad on car wash soaps. Zip hasn`t stripped any wax for me .. and of the inexpensive ones I like the US Sundance. I live 11 miles from the US border and the nearest Wal-Mart in Wash State is about an hour from me. I buy very little of that type of product up here. For your $19 you can buy 3 to 4 gallons. No Wal-Mart across the Peace Arch in Blaine?
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information