Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Greg

Didn`t you say you have NXT car wash?

No. It`s only a list I maded up. The only shampoo I have right now is MOTHERS california gold but it`s almost done so I need to get new soap
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally reccomend QEW but thats just me

GC is okay for the $$, if its expensive in Canada though, then its not worth it...

Anybody used this Cherry wash? I forget the name but I saw it at Advance Auto Parts it was like $4 a gallon and it smelled fantastic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss has a great car wash soap, it just can be hard to find. Amazing suds, slippery feeling, smells great and does a good job of cleaning.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Gold Class with a squirt of #00 or #62 in it.

I also like Sonax with a squirt of #00 or #62 in it.

I just bought a bottle of NXT wash to try on its own.

I have Pinnacle and P21s but feel they are way too much money (they smell great though!)

Basically, for convenience sake, I`ll settle with GC mixed with a dab of #00 since I can buy both in my neighborhood.

Why don`t you Canadians drive to the US and stock up??

ROAD TRIP!!!!!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Not simoniz. that`s the company that have the 5 year paint protection kit that contains Teflon.

It`s a load of BS.

I only use shampoo for cleaning chrome and alloy wheels, never use it on cars, especially late model ones.
    Car care/detailing sadly isn`t high on the agenda for 98% of australians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say go with the NXT because its available locally, smells good and when I was playing with it in the sink today, it felt like it had good lubricity and its fairly cheap. If anything, its a more advanced technology than GC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Why don`t you Canadians drive to the US and stock up??

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Thats what I do ... I have to go to Colville Wash. on Tuesday for a funeral .. Wal-Mart here I come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad there is no autozone or pepboys there.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some of my thoughts....

I`ve tried Perls and think it cleans well and is also gentle on wax, but it has a MAJOR downside.......it has poor lubricity.

My favorite OTC wash is EagleOne, has good lubricity and is very gentle (and smells great).

Gold Class, IMO, performs about as well as the rest of the Gold Class line (sux). Very poor lubricity...

My two favorite boutique washes are p21S and Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about this list, good thing is, I can get all these locally

- EO wet shampoo

- NXT wash (if they put it up)

- TW Zip Wax (for rims)

- Megs Deep Crystal wash

I don`t know if I can get #62 here in Lordco. If so, I may get it.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I go over the border to Niagara Falls NY and pick up 1 gallon jugs of Megs Gold Class. Last time I did this it was on sale for $7.99 at Target.

I tried p21S shampoo ( the green stuff) and this is the most over rated shampoo I have used. It produced almost no suds, the lubricity was crap it felt like there was no soap in the bucket and I was just using water. It also didn`t do a very good job of cleaning and my car wasn`t that dirty. Sure it smells good but I don`t drink my car wash shampoo so I really don`t care how they smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those who have tried Clearkote`s Car Wash... How does it stack up? Also, what is the new and improved formula? Is that the one that is available currently or a future release product? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I tried p21S shampoo ( the green stuff) and this is the most over rated shampoo I have used.
    Really? I find just the opposite about P21S. The suds last me throughout the wash, and I`ve used it many times as a lubrication solution when I clay my cars. Price aside, I think P21S is one of the best shampoos available. I`d stock up every year when CarCareOnline have their yearly sale. Meguiar`s GC is also an excellent shampoo and considering its price for a gallon, should be considered one of the better shampoos you can buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a question about the EO shampoo. Is the yellow one the same as the red one??

2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by C-MDX

I have a question about the EO shampoo. Is the yellow one the same as the red one??

No the red oneis for dark colored cars ,, the yellow one is for yellow cars . :p
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing: "....smells nice" is a VERY subjective thing. Some shampoos smell like some kind of fruit or candy, others smell like soap or aftershave (like GC). It depends on what kind of scent you like.

You`ve used Mothers. Do you like it? Do a search on this (and any of the others maybe) and those who have used it generally like it. It`s pretty inexpenisve at London Drugs....

I`ve used TW Zip and it was nothing special in my opinion and smells pretty ordinary.

Lordco doesn`t sell #62, at least not on the shelves. They do sell #00 in smaller bottles and that is also an excellent shampoo, but it has almost zero fragrance to it.

IMHO, most shampoos seem to have roughly the same amount of cleaning power if mixed correctly. At least, that`s what I`ve found.

I wouldn`t worry too much about the "harming wax" thing either. This is something that has been debated about a LOT at times, and only one or two shampoos (Pinnacle being one I think) have had more than a couple people agreeing that they`re harder on wax. Some shampoos like GC advertise sheeting action I think, so things like that can make it seem hard on wax when it really isn`t.

If cost isn`t a high priority my suggestion is the Zymol at CT. These are unsealed and you can pop it open and take a sniff.

I own almost a DOZEN different shampoos just to try them out and see if I liked one better than the other. Get out there and start washing!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information